Sign in to follow this  
halfelite

Loud Whine

So just recently my car a 2013 has started making a loud whining noise. It does not change pitch by stepping on the gas. It changes pitch depending on how fast the car is moving. So I could not be stepping on the gas and the high pitched whine is there. I dont recall it ever being this loud before and remember almost it being silent. Its enough I hear it over the radio at times. I also noticed this morning while reversing and turn if I step on the brake I hear an audible thumping noise.

Anyone have any idea's I am swamped with work so cant rush it over to dealer but hoping someone has some suggestions as I hate dropping the car off and telling them it sounds funny as they usually give you that blank stare and nothing ever gets fixed.

Video of said whine.

Edited by halfelite

When my tires got worn, they made an awful noise as if a bearing were going bad, and thumped like crazy. They were the OEM Goodyears. I thought for sure a bearing was going, but once the tires were replaced the car was silent again.

I rotated tires today and still no change in the noise. So time to go into service it looks like

I rotated tires today and still no change in the noise. So time to go into service it looks like

When you get the appointment set up, go ahead and send me a PM with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location. I'll check into this further.

Meagan

When you get the appointment set up, go ahead and send me a PM with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location. I'll check into this further.

Meagan

Sorry I just saw this. I picked up the car today. They referenced TSB 14-0214 on the work order and swapped out the transmission assembly

Sorry I just saw this. I picked up the car today. They referenced TSB 14-0214 on the work order and swapped out the transmission assembly

No worries. :) Glad to hear everything's going smoothly! I'll be around if you need me.

Meagan

That is a big job, and expensive. How does the car run now?

It runs like the day I bought it.

How long did it take for them to swap out the tranmission? Ours has been at our local Ford dealership for a week now with the same problem. Is there a warranty on the new transmission, or are you still under the 8 year/100,000 mile clause (original warranty)?

Its under the original warranty. I dropped my car off Tuesday morning at 7am and was able to pick it up Friday at 5PM.

On another note the dealer called today to tell me that while they were doing the transmission work a service tech noticed a coolant leak and its against their policy to fix it without the customer asking or something. So to bring it back and say I think there is a leak and they will get it taken care of.

I knew someone eventually would go there. I have been holding back since the thread was created. LOL

Just an update

Car is back in the dealer. On my way to work this morning every light and warning known to man went off. ABS/airbag/hill assist/parking assist/control assist/ And A few others. So decided to just head to the dealer twice on the way to the dealer the car accelerated on its own.

They've had mine since Thursday evening, January 15. They got me a rental on January 20 for 10 days. Called Monday January 26 for an update, they're still waiting on the part (the transmission replacement). Rental is going to be extended. Service adviser told me he'd call back with an update Monday night or Tuesday morning. It's now late Wednesday night, no word on car.

Did you have to pay anything on the repair - a deductible? Is the new trans still under the original 8 yr/100,000 mile warranty, or do you have a new warranty on it because it's a new trans?

halfelite said: Its under the original warranty. I dropped my car off Tuesday morning at 7am and was able to pick it up Friday at 5PM.

I see your message, I'll be replying shortly.

Just an update

Car is back in the dealer. On my way to work this morning every light and warning known to man went off. ABS/airbag/hill assist/parking assist/control assist/ And A few others. So decided to just head to the dealer twice on the way to the dealer the car accelerated on its own.

I'm happy to loop your customer service manager in on this. Please send me your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone, full name, and dealer name/location via PM, and I'll get started.

Meagan

Joshua called and left me his number. I got home after 5 pm PST and left him a message that I'd call on Wednesday. Thank you for your help.

You're welcome! :)

Meagan

Talked to my service rep today they are still waiting on a part. Part might be there next week. Rental car extended might go try to swap for a different rental as been driving around a mustang and it is not the most comfortable car

Edited by halfelite

Talked to my service rep today they are still waiting on a part. Part might be there next week. Rental car extended might go try to swap for a different rental as been driving around a mustang and it is not the most comfortable car

My offer still stands to loop in your customer service manager. :)

Meagan

Thanks Megan. My service rep is pretty good at keeping me updated.

I went and picked the car up today. They replaced the exhaust manifold to fix the coolant leak. And all the warning lights came on because a left front wheel speed sensor went bad they replaced it. Everything was under warranty

Thanks Megan. My service rep is pretty good at keeping me updated.

I went and picked the car up today. They replaced the exhaust manifold to fix the coolant leak. And all the warning lights came on because a left front wheel speed sensor went bad they replaced it. Everything was under warranty

Glad to hear they took great care of you!

Meagan