GrayStrider

New Transmission

I have been catching up with some of my magazine reading and noticed that the April issue of Consumer Reports published the reliability data that shows the problematic areas for all cars broken down by model year. This data comes from the surveys that are returned from car owners and I think last year they did not publish this detailed data in the April issue. Instead, they tried to sell that data to create additional revenue. I am guessing they received a boat load of complaints and resumed publishing this data since it is now again present in the April 2015 issue.

Anyway, the 2013 and 2014 FFHs received a top rating for Transmission-Major and a top rating for Transmission-Minor. If there is a trend in transmission failures for the FFH, then it is not yet showing up in the survey data being returned to Consumer Reports by FFH owners.

the replacement cost me nothing.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sorry you had to deal with the major repair, but very glad to hear this part! :happy feet:

The transmission is warranted for 8/100,000 y/m. Ford brought the manufacture of the Japanese Aisin hybrid transmission in house in 2013. It was supposed to be "improved". It was not. They had early internal bearing failures ( the grinding ) and case oil leaks. If you're within the warranty, demand that it be covered. If not, rant and rave to Ford particularly in their new car show room. You'll probably get arrested but what the hell.