hybridwannabe

New possible owner.......mega miles a year worth it?

Mine I ordered exactly what I wanted and it had 3 miles on it when I drove it off the lot. It was worth the wait!

But can you REALLY ?

For instance, last year they told me that I could NOT get a Titanium with cloth seats even if I ordered one.

What about getting all the bells and whistles EXCEPT leave off the grossly overpriced GPS ??

I don't think you can do that either.

Haha yea there are limits to what packages/options you can order on all Fords and most every other manufacturer. Ordering a Ford isn't like ordering a Mini with their 10 million combinations. I remember a few years ago one guy on a Mini site ordered the smokers package (no longer available) and chrome mirror caps and that was it! It was comical, but they built it and that's what he received. Interesting combo.

I just don't think people test driving the Fusion hybrid will rag it out like test driving a new Mustang or Camaro etc. I live right down the street from 3 dealerships. They all go by my complex to fill up at the closest gas station. I feel so sorry for people buying cars at all 3. Any time you hear a car going by at WOT you know it's a dealer car. And the 370Z's, they really rag to no end. Making things worse is the dealerships are walking distance, so you know the cars/engines aren't even warmed up yet. In fact cold I'm sure. Always a single person in the car, obviously am employee and I'm sure usually a salesman. Since I live right by the street, it's tempting to just roll video and bring it back to the dealerships. I'd like to think the GM's would care, but who knows. Mind you they ALL do this and it doesn't matter what type of vehicle. It just reminds me day in and day out the employees don't give a rats arse about the cars they sell or potential buyers.

If you ever saw how cars were driven inside the plant and the stuff that happens to them before they are released, you would never, ever worry about little things like the number of miles when you take delivery or who might have driven it and how.

My FFH came from a dealer over 300 miles away, I had no problem with that.

Edited by Waldo

What I liked about getting mine with 3 miles, no ones butt but mine touched the leather. :) They pulled the plastic off as I walked in. To me thats like buying a new TV in an unopened package, you know that everything it there is packed as it was when it left the factory. No one else mussed with it.

If you ever saw how cars were driven inside the plant and the stuff that happens to them before they are released, you would never, ever worry about little things like the number of miles when you take delivery or who might have driven it and how.

Like what? Can you elaborate please?

I took a tour of Dearborn a couple years ago and was one of the gawkers on the upper level, watching the crews assemble F-150s. Once they trucks were done in the final area they were moved out of the building at a quick pace, not daredevil pace like the youtube clip above with the rail car (not at least at the time I was watching), but they definitely weren't driving for MPG either. :shift:

skid marks man SKID marks!

That is terrible. I wish they had video from the outside to see if it's not as bad as it appears. Or maybe I don't!

Edited by hybridwannabe

I used to work in the Port of Los Angeles and the big car transport ships would arrive with 5,000 Honda's, etc.

The longshoremen would drive the cars off and they were supposed to move so many cars an hour, they ran between cars and shuttles.

It looked like a choreographed ant hill that you'd just kicked, those cars were flying out of the ship onto the parking grid and parked very tight.

Yes, skid marks and fewer accidents than seemed reasonable.

Boy, this Thread has taken on a life of it's own. What was the original question?

Edited by GrySql

It's Waldo's fault.

Waldo, on 20 Jan 2015 - 08:45 AM, said:

snapback.png