GrySql

2015 Mustang 2.3 EcoBoost

I like the name 'Ego Boost'... ;)

Ford's line of turbo engines are also frequently tagged as EcoBoast largely because they do not live up to the hype. The turbo engines in the gas Fusions are not very competitive when it comes to fuel economy, power or refinement as compared to their competitors.

But the V6 is. The Flex/MKT has tons of power for speed and towing, and yet still returns a respectable 20+ MPG(except now with -freezing cold weather).

The one Stang I saw on the floor, which sold a day later did have a strut brace, it was a GT 5.0. It is a car for a serious driver, if you don't know how to handle one, you will wreck it. I like how they added the track software and settings for a day at the races.

I had a brand new 1979 Mustang Turbo! HATED IT!!! Traded it in after a year of nothing but trouble for a new 1979 Datsun 200SX.

Ah the 1979 line of Fords, what a boatload of crap they were. I had a 1979 LTD wagon, with the 302 and VV carb. Engine had piston slap, and eventually had a separation of services as a rod departed and went through the block. I did manage to get nearly 20 years and 300k out of it with an engine rebuild. Original tranny too, but the frame rotted.

I like all those old wagons, I thought the one that had the vista type roof was pretty cool looking. I would love to find a rust free one and customize it. Put a modern drive train in it, and have fun with it.

The 77 LTD Country Squire we had could easily take 4x8 with the gate up, but the 79 was 4 inches too short to close the gate with a full sheet. But that 79 could tow a horse trailer with ease.

My '73 Chevrolet Caprice Estate Wagon, towed my ski boat with this one, it had the disappearing clam shell tailgate.

This car had a 125" wheelbase, it was pretty big. Parked in front of my 'Estate' at Lake Havasu Landing.

...2015 minus 1973 = 42 years ago

Cool picture, GrySql. Life sure was a lot less complicated back then.

Those were the days........

OMG Archie bunker and Edith is stuck in my head now!