mwr

Overhead front cabin light glitch

When I turn on (by pressing the button) one or both of the overhead cabin lights, then remove the key from the ignition, those cabin lights are then on from the key removal and pressing the light button has no effect. Meaning that if I then leave the car and lock the doors, after the cabin lights automatically go off the one(s) that I had turned on are still on. The only way to turn them off is to get back in the car, lock the doors and wait for the cabin lights to go off, then press the button(s) to turn them off. Do all FFHs work that way?

A better plan, if the light buttons aren't going to have any effect while the cabin lights are automatically on, would be to have the cabin lights default to "all off" after the automatic-on cabin lights go off automatically.

In the 2010 FFH with the key ignition all you have to do is insert the key and go to accessory and the lights will turn off except the one you have left on. Then you can turn it off. The 2010 has a battery saver system that turns the light off automatically after a while if you accidentally leave it on.

Edited by lolder

Aha, turning the key to "accessory" is the trick. I'll try that tomorrow.

But... It's easy to forget you need to do anything and just get out of the car and lock it ans walk away.

Edited by mwr

When you shut off the car, the interior lights come on, if you have a light on, and turn it off after shutting the car off, it will be off when the timer expires.

When you shut off the car, the interior lights come on, if you have a light on, and turn it off after shutting the car off, it will be off when the timer expires.

In my FFH, there is no way to turn off an interior light you've previously turned on while those lights are automaticaly on. Pressing the light button during that time does nothing.

BTW, I experienced this very same behavior on my '14 FFH, where trying to turn off the map light does nothing while the automatic dome-type lights are on.

When I turn on (by pressing the button) one or both of the overhead cabin lights, then remove the key from the ignition, those cabin lights are then on from the key removal and pressing the light button has no effect. Meaning that if I then leave the car and lock the doors, after the cabin lights automatically go off the one(s) that I had turned on are still on. The only way to turn them off is to get back in the car, lock the doors and wait for the cabin lights to go off, then press the button(s) to turn them off. Do all FFHs work that way?

My 2014 FFH works exactly the same way. It just happened to me night before last. I accidentally left one of the map lights on and it was still on in the morning when I went out to the car. I thought that couldn't happen. Apparently I was wrong.