rowlj3

Just bought my new 2014 Titanium Hybrid model and...

And the titanium has 18" wheels, that will limit your mpg. Most of the folks reporting consistently high mpg are driving SE's with 17"

You can still average consistently in the 40s with 18" wheels. My wife does it consistently.

Where are you located? Are your trips in the city, on the highway or country roads? Is your area flat or hilly?

All of these make a difference to the MPG gained.

Just keep driving and it should come to you.

Trick I learned, use as little battery as possible when accelerating, and above 45 MPH. Below 40, you will want to pulse and glide, using ICE to get up to speed, and EV to keep it at speed. Also time your lights so you dont stop, but coast to them. Keep acceleration to 2K or above. Anything below that and you waste gas. Above 3 and you waste gas and battery. When on the interstate, keep the ice going, and get the battery charged up as high as it will go, which is usually about 80% of the bar, and you will be in the 40's cruising at 65 MPH.

Anything above 70 though, expect no more than 38 MPG.

You CAN use EV-only to accelerate from a dead stop in the FFH, you just have to accelerate very, very gradually. ;)