Well, three more reboots today. Another appointment for "repairs" Tuesday.

This is no longer a good car. They get one more attempt.

Just got a call back from the dealer.

Wow, thats all I can say.

They have no clue what is causing the reboots and went as far as telling my phone is causing it. They want me to ride around with a service tech and my phone. It rebooted 8 times in 7 months and 10,000 miles. Thats going to be a LOOOOOOOONG ride.

I do keep a thumb drive in the USB port, but I will take that out when I pick it up. I will not put it back in. I also have a OBD2 reader but those two systems are not related, so I can't imagine that it could cause any issues, when it does reboot, the OBD2 reader never quits.

The only other thing I can think of is that the times that it rebooted the most were cold and damp, could be something under the hood that isn't sealing well and water might be getting in???

Its been in twice for the same problem and they haven't been able to fix it. How does Lemon Law work?

Seems Im already screwed. Didnt put the defect in writing...who does that?

Sorry to hear all this.

If you are truly serious about the Lemon Law aspect of your car, the Owner's Manual has the procedure outlined, starting on page 224.

After you've done the first 3 steps via Ford Customer Service then you contact the BBB.

BTW, you have a chronological, step by step description of your problem printed on these Forum pages, they may be very helpful in any mediation you end up in.

Are the Forum Ford Rep's Meagan or Kim involved and helping you with this problem? If not, you really need to get them tuned in.

...or get a different Dealer.

Edited by GrySql

Sorry to hear all this.

If you are truly serious about the Lemon Law aspect of your car, the Owner's Manual has the procedure outlined, starting on page 224.

After you've done the first 3 steps via Ford Customer Service then you contact the BBB.

BTW, you have a chronological, step by step description of your problem printed on these Forum pages, they may be very helpful in any mediation you end up in.

Are the Forum Ford Rep's Meagan or Kim involved and helping you with this problem? If not, you really need to get them tuned in.

Thanks for the shout-out! Kim's the one in the best position to assist on this, since she's IVT (In-Vehicle Technology.)

Meagan

Just got a call back from the dealer.

Wow, thats all I can say.

They have no clue what is causing the reboots and went as far as telling my phone is causing it. They want me to ride around with a service tech and my phone. It rebooted 8 times in 7 months and 10,000 miles. Thats going to be a LOOOOOOOONG ride.

I do keep a thumb drive in the USB port, but I will take that out when I pick it up. I will not put it back in. I also have a OBD2 reader but those two systems are not related, so I can't imagine that it could cause any issues, when it does reboot, the OBD2 reader never quits.

The only other thing I can think of is that the times that it rebooted the most were cold and damp, could be something under the hood that isn't sealing well and water might be getting in???

Its been in twice for the same problem and they haven't been able to fix it. How does Lemon Law work?

Hey Griswald,

Please PM your full name, VIN, current mileage, phone number, and dealer info. I'll look into this and see how I can help out.

Thanks for the mention, GrySql!

Kim