rwhgme

From BMW to Fusion Hybrid

I know I use a whole lot more mowing just a small section of my lawns. The tractor holds 5 gallons and I can rip through that doing all the cutting.

As for the Trike, still an option once the kids are older, Would be cool though to have car seats mounted on it. LOL

My daughter is now old enough to not require a booster, but the poor dear is still too short to safely sit with the lap belt, unless she is in the way back of the MKT.

I wish there was a Lexus dealer nearby, I would like to compare theirs to the MKT. I did road test a 2007 RX450h, and was unimpressed with it. The radio sucked, and the engine was loud, though the ride was nice.

You don't have to use premium in any modern car even if it calls for it. The systems adjust for it and all you lose is a few top horsepower.

You're right but it's not just a few cents, it's about 30 and the horsepower loss is only a few at full throttle. Unless you routinely accelerate at full throttle you would never notice it.

Try more like 90 cents difference. Where I fill its 2.09 for regular(though it is 89 Octane) and 2.99 for 93 octane. In the Ecoboost, there is no seat of the pants difference between 87 and premium other than maybe a MPG drop in economy, only true way to see the difference is on a Dyno. On the track where it matters, then running 87 would be a problem as you will lose a few tenths in the 1/4, but in regular driving, I dont see the reason for it.

However when I had the 2012 F150 Ecoboost, the difference between 87 and premium was greater than 2 MPG and the difference in price at the time made it cost less to operate with Premium than regular.

the height limit was 49 inches, which is where she is at now, but I see they changed them.

Ages 8-12
Children should stay in a belt-positioning booster seat until they are tall enough to properly fit in an adult lap/shoulder belt.

I prefer this wording better too, leaves out ANY misunderstandings.

I can't put her in the 3rd row with the booster, or her head would hit the ceiling.

After reading a lot of things on this forum...and believe, I am a member of several forums, I have a question. Do any of you just get in your car and drive it? I am worried that one day I am gonna get hit head on by someone trying to get one more green leaf, or one more mile per gallon! Ok...overly dramatic, but, as a Harley triker, if I get hit by an FFH driver...I might ask him how many leaves he wants to be covered by when I put him in the woods and beat him... :)

Drive baby drive! I used to worry about all the helper displays and scores when I first got my Z. Now, not so much. The car trained me well... I don't need it telling me how fantastically efficient a driver I am. ;)

Edited by SteveB_TX

When I first got the car I was constantly at the displays making sure the car got what I expected out of it. Now that I know it does, I just drive it like normal, only checking the display every so often. It does make you a better driver because you are always looking out for that idiot who pulls out in front of you making you slam on the brakes and blow your score. Always checking your 4 6 & 8 for room to move over quickly if you need to.

BTW, CC I saw you the other day on your bike,

Daytona+2007+007+(Large).jpg

Looking good my friend, looking good!

After reading a lot of things on this forum...and believe, I am a member of several forums, I have a question. Do any of you just get in your car and drive it? I am worried that one day I am gonna get hit head on by someone trying to get one more green leaf, or one more mile per gallon! Ok...overly dramatic, but, as a Harley triker, if I get hit by an FFH driver...I might ask him how many leaves he wants to be covered by when I put him in the woods and beat him... :)

I've been a member for close to 1.5 years and I'd have to place this post in the top ten of all posts I have read. Rwhgme's demonstrating a great deal of common sense here and did in such a humorous way that I am still laughing. Rwhgme, I hope you keep hanging out here. Thanks for the great post. :worship:

I'm still shaking my head over a series of recent posts that attempted to goad members into illegal, dangerous and just plain idiotic driving behavior.

I don't know how to put the pic here, but it is showing up on the recent uploads on the Forum page!

When you reply to a topic there should be a My Media option. Within the My Media menu on the left navigation pane chose the Gallery Images, you can then select an image to post within your reply.