OneSpeed

CC, full charge on Battery and compression braking down a steep grade.

I have noticed that the cruise control works very differently between the standard CC in my wife's 2014 and the adaptive CC in my 2013. Going downhill in the car with ACC, the set speed is essentially maintained, however, with standard CC, the car tends to run away, picking up a significant amount over the speed limit on some downhills.

... I hate not having a tep gauge but oh well...

You can have the temperature gauge displayed as one of the options in the MyView screen, in the left hand display.

How? I thought I looked through all of the options, no Temp, no Tach?

You can have two functions displayed in the "My View" display. I have the tachometer and the temperature gauge configured.

From page 97 of the 2015 Owner's Manual:

MyView

You can choose what to display in this view. Selecting Change MyView in the options menu allows you to scroll through two columns of content choices.

• Press the up or down arrow to view content.

• Press OK to save your selected content.

• You must select content in both columns before you can save your new MyView.

Edited by Texasota

And on page 95 of the 2015 Fusion Hybrid OM, it lists the available options for the MyView selections.

post-12539-0-15946300-1419467282_thumb.png

Nevertheless, the water appears to be going uphill. That is the most disorientating sight, it never fails to amaze me to see such a disparity in an actual vs perception situation.

I have experienced this same phenomenon in the Colorado rockies. It is very weird.

The traction motor can only slow down the car when charging load is put on it. If the HVB is full, that doesn't occur. Some or all of these eCVT Ford-Toyota type hybrids may have a mode of braking where continuous application of the brake pedal on a long downhill automatically enables compression braking by the ICE once the HVB is full. I don't know if the ACC in the Gen III 2013+ does this or not.

Does the '15 still have "descent assist" ? That sound pretty much like what happens when it kicks in.

My 2015 does have the Grade Assist button on the gearshift lever. This is the description of it in the Owner's Manual:

D (Drive) with Grade Assist (If Equipped)

Press the transmission control switch on the side of the gearshift lever to activate grade assist.

Grade assist:

• Provides additional grade braking with a combination of engine motoring and high-voltage battery charging to help maintain vehicle speed when descending a grade.

• As the vehicle determines the amount of engine motoring and high-voltage battery charging, you may notice the engine speed increasing and decreasing to help maintain your vehicle speed when descending a grade.

• The grade assist lamp in the instrument cluster is illuminated. The grade assist lamp will appear in the instrument cluster when grade assist is turned on. Press the transmission control switch again to return to normal D (Drive).