higheroctave32

Excessive Condensation

I don't run the climate control constantly when it is colder, but go on and off as needed to maximize the battery availability. Is the car just sealed too well that it is not venting at all while it sits?I've never had it happen this bad before.

Could the intermittent use of your HVAC be leaving a lot of humidity in the car when you turn it off which then condenses on the windshield which has been cooled by the 9:00 PM evening air?

You might try driving to work with the HVAC turned on during the entire drive, as an experiment, and see what it is like when you leave at 9:00 PM that day. Seems like the condensation on the windshield has to be resulting from humidity in the cabin air. The question is what is causing the high humidity.

Edited by Texasota

I think that excessive condensation can be a problem. Storing wet umbrellas and clothing should be avoided. The wiring connectors, modules and sensors outside the car are sealed against moisture to prevent corrosion. Inside, they are usually not sealed. The high voltage battery is cooled by cabin air, so you want to keep the air as dry as possible.

If the carpets are wet after a rain, you definitely have a leak inside the car. If they are dry, I think it could just be the weather.

You can try and keep a window slightly open when you park and see if that clears it up.

Edited by billford