scn101

2014 HyTi Ceramic Seat Bolster Wear

Car has 9500 miles, only 11 months old, and the driver's lateral seat bolster piping is showing wear, please see pictures. The brown you see on the piping is not color transfer but I believe it is Ceramic color seat dye loss.

I believe this has to be a Ford quality issue because:

1. The seat's thigh bolters show no wear and that gets the most rubbing from your full weight as you pivot into and out of the vehicle. I would expect those to show the first signs of wear.

2. I weigh 175 lbs (5'11") so I'm not huge and in constant contact with the piping.

3. I had leather seats in my Sable, 113K miles when sold, no seat wear there.

4. Same thing for my Vette, leather seats, owned for 13 years and no wear.

I plan to go to the dealer soon for the first time since the car was purchased new for its first oil change and to get the musty AC smell addressed (TSB 14-0099).

Any thoughts, do you think this to be normal or a quality defect? Anyone else see this?

Hi scn101,

I'm happy to reach out to your customer service manager on this. I'll need a PM with your VIN, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

You're talking about the color change as the wear issue? I agree that the color change is an issue if it is wear in the leather and not a stain. I hope the dealer will help. You may wish to involve Meagan. She's our current Ford rep who can help make the process work more smoothly with the dealer.

Thanks for the shout-out!

Meagan