Sign in to follow this  
Griswald

Four Sync reboots during my 9.5 hour trip today...

Curiosity has gotten the better of me... WHY would you waste time taking the car to the dealer for a simple reboot? :zombi:

Edited by SteveB_TX

Four self reboots while driving is unacceptable for anybody. Having the entire ddashboard go blank while in heavy traffic at 75 mph is not normal.

Something is broken and needs to be fixed, its not like a bulb is out or a screw came loose.

Okay then. You may have said that in the OP instead of just sync reboot. :)

Okay then. You may have said that in the OP instead of just sync reboot. :)

It's hard to determine where Sync begins and ends... this page seems to indicate it extends to the instrument cluster displays, at which point, one might refer to it as the entire dashboard.

I personally have a problem with auto companies trying to off-load their responsibility for fix/upgrade notifications onto the customers via the web......and the implementation of those fixes too. I think that kind of undermines my warranty.

But that's just me.

I have been fortunate that my dealer's service department is competent and I get great service from them, but when I can download and install software fix/upgrades myself I find that convenient and preferable to a trip to the service department. I feel that way also about updating the smart phone, the PCs, the smart TV, the wireless router, the blueray player and even the internet enabled HVAC controls for our house to name just a few devices. This is the future.

I recently received the recall notice about my instrument panel needing reprogramming for my 2015 FFH. I would love to be able to plug the smart phone in and have that reprogramming done right here at home. That day is probably not far off.

I got a service appointment.for the 29th, they told me it is a 2 hour diagnostic. And why should I do Fords job of upgrading their shitty software?

The software being poor quality may be a valid point. Certainly the same arguments have been made about the Windows operating system.

But, as you described in your post, it is an inconvenience to make an appointment, take the car into the service department and wait 2+ hours for the fixes/upgrade to be installed. Given the choice, I would rather do it at home when it is convenient for me. I understand others feel differently.