Thomz Fusion

Ford: I propose a new cold-weather setting!

That's the strategy I employ - trying to only use "free" heat. I think it's a good idea. Another scheme they might consider is to heat the cabin more gradually.

I have typically delayed turning on the cabin heat for most of the cars I have owned. If you turn on the cabin heat right away, then all it does is blow cold air on you and increase the time required for the engine to warm up. Of course, sometimes you cannot delay very long before you have a badly fogged up windshield.

Heat is a byproduct of all ICEs. Car heating systems are designed to transfer that heat to the cabin. To the extent that our FFHs can conduct that transfer without causing the ICE to run solely for that purpose, well, that's what I'm calling "free "

Edited by md13ffhguy

I haven't tried this, but maybe plugging in the block heater a few hours before your drive should reduce the engine warm up times and increase mpg's in the winter...

Do you have a ICE Block Heater? They seem to be very rare. I installed mine and it was very hard to do. Does anyone else have a FORD ICE Block Heater? :)

Paul

Mine has one. My dealer told me they come as standard equipment at no charge in the northern states.

The EBH is a no charge option for vehicles ordered by dealers in: MN, WI, AK, ND, SD, WY, & MT IIRC.

Did you buy your HyTi in another state? Washington doesn't get them standard.

I bought the car in Seattle. I guess it was an option. I don't even know if it works, never tried it...