Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

What's irritating to you

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   dalesky

dalesky

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 534 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Mustang GT conv, Fusion HYTI
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:46 PM

I was surprised at the way dirt collected on the trunk area of the car, the vacuum effect of the styling traps it there.  Now, however, I have a lot less dirt buildup on the trunk.  The crazy secret was when I put Splash Guards behind all 4 wheels the trunk stays much, much cleaner.  Go figure.

What splash guards did you use?  I don't want mine to look too 1980s!  haha

Seriously tho, where did you get yours?

thanks

HyTi Ice storm

black leather
Sony sound
Voice Nav
Moonroof
Driver assist

1st tank 5-20-13

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   TonyHzNV

TonyHzNV

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 411 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:20 PM

I think the best price you will find for the OEM accessories is on eBay. They are molded to fit the body perfectly. Here are a couple of current listings:

http://www.ebay.com/...aaa52e6&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/...3bdd23e&vxp=mtr

At your Ford dealer they retail for $49.99 for each pair. They aren't that hard to put on, but it's so much easier if you remove the rear wheels to install them in the rear. The rear ones are screwed on using existing holes with longer screws that come with them and a little clip that clips it to the wheel well liner. The front ones can be installed without removing the wheels by turning extreme left then right. They are secured by reusing some of those little plastic button-head fasteners that hold the wheel well liner in place and a clip like the rear. Careful not to break them when removing them. They are 2-piece fasteners. What looks like 1 button-head is actually 2. Pry up on the outer head with a sharp knife or very thin screwdriver. If you are prying on the right thing, the head will slide out of the fastener. You will see a rectangular shaft extending down from the center of the button. That is what spreads the "wings" in the lower part of the fastener to keep it in place.Now you can remove the faster itself using a forked type pry bar or the claw on a carpenter's hammer. You should be a handy person and have a 7mm socket/ratchet and 7mm wrench. The socket/ratchet for the rear and the wrench for the front and rear lower bolt. You'll need that for front and back. I installed mine myself. It took about an hour including removing/reinstalling the rear wheels. Your dealer will probably charge an hour labor to install them.Good luck and have fun!

Edited by TonyHzNV, 20 January 2015 - 10:07 PM.

340661.png

2013 F-150 XLT Super Cab Ingot Silver Metallic/Gray Cloth, 302A, 5.0L V8, 7100# GVWR Pkg, Tailgate Step, Cloth Bucket Seats. Build Date: 01/25/13

2014 Fusion SE Hybrid, Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat/Charcoal Black Cloth, SE Appearance Pkg, Rear Spoiler, 18" Premium Sport Wheels, Tech/MFT Pkg, Rear View Camera, Reverse Sensing Sys, Adaptive Cruise Control, Nav System. Build Date: 11/25/13, Sync Version: 3.8 (w/nav)

Previous (Ford) Vehicles: 1995 Contour, 1999 Explorer Sport, 2002 Explorer XLS 4x4, 2003 Expedition XLT 4x4, 2007 F-150 XLT 4x4, 2007 Fusion SEL, 2012 Fusion SEL

"Do What You Can, For Who You Can, With What You Have, and What You Know"

#43 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Yes
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:33 PM

What splash guards did you use?  I don't want mine to look too 1980s!  haha

Seriously tho, where did you get yours?

thanks

TonyHzNV has it right...

From a Ford Dealer on Ebay, they are OEM Ford parts and were $80 (?), made in Germany - they are high quality.

You can get them cheaper from Ebay Chinese suppliers, I like mine just fine.

Since I've added them they've taken a few hits from road debris and a varmint or two with no damage.

I got all mine on without removing an 18" wheel/tire.  Beware, you can easily ruin the attachment screws if you aren't careful.

The good news is: those weird Ford push/screws can be found at Lowe's in the nuts and bolts section>specialty screws>automotive for a lot cheaper than a Ford Dealer.

Edited by GrySql, 20 January 2015 - 09:39 PM.

The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#44 OFFLINE   TonyHzNV

TonyHzNV

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 411 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:54 PM

The good news is: those weird Ford push/screws can be found at Lowe's in the nuts and bolts section>specialty screws>automotive for a lot cheaper than a Ford Dealer.

Yeah, the dealer charges $1.20 each for those little push/screws! Hence, my edit above!  :)

Edited by TonyHzNV, 20 January 2015 - 09:55 PM.

340661.png

2013 F-150 XLT Super Cab Ingot Silver Metallic/Gray Cloth, 302A, 5.0L V8, 7100# GVWR Pkg, Tailgate Step, Cloth Bucket Seats. Build Date: 01/25/13

2014 Fusion SE Hybrid, Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat/Charcoal Black Cloth, SE Appearance Pkg, Rear Spoiler, 18" Premium Sport Wheels, Tech/MFT Pkg, Rear View Camera, Reverse Sensing Sys, Adaptive Cruise Control, Nav System. Build Date: 11/25/13, Sync Version: 3.8 (w/nav)

Previous (Ford) Vehicles: 1995 Contour, 1999 Explorer Sport, 2002 Explorer XLS 4x4, 2003 Expedition XLT 4x4, 2007 F-150 XLT 4x4, 2007 Fusion SEL, 2012 Fusion SEL

#45 OFFLINE   wiscy67

wiscy67

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 35 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2014 FFH SE

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:26 PM

My list of nits to pick (against dozens of more important standout features - looks, mileage, value, fun to drive, fun forum, etc.)

1) Uneven trunk due to battery (I especially noticed this when transporting a 25" pizza)

2) Sensitive dash buttons make it easy to accidentally press them - ex. inadvertently activating seat warmer while adjusting volume.

3) Inability to adjust MyView with all the fuel information I want - if the 2014 models were updated to also include the Fuel info in the right dash screen then this issue is solved.

4) At times ICE at low speeds sounds less than spectacular

Ford definitely has a winner with the Fusion Hybrid and I'd like to see them keep pushing the technology envelope - such as able to configure Internet access through smartphone, allow set up of common online music apps, and allow voice activation commands to work within those apps.

• GrySql likes this

339300.png

#46 OFFLINE   corncobs

corncobs

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2,836 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 FFH

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:26 PM

My list of nits to pick (against dozens of more important standout features - looks, mileage, value, fun to drive, fun forum, etc.)

1) Uneven trunk due to battery (I especially noticed this when transporting a 25" pizza).

That's an interesting problem to solve :)

Without the need to transport additional backseat passengers folding over the backseats might help with that problem. Good thing you can fold down the seats.
  • GrySql likes this
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE - Lady in Red
Ruby Red / 505A, Tech Pkg, Rear Sensing System, 18" Luxury Wheels

215477.png

#47 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:36 AM

That's an interesting problem to solve :)

Without the need to transport additional backseat passengers folding over the backseats might help with that problem. Good thing you can fold down the seats.

This is exactly what we've done to transport large pizzas that we don't want to set on the leather & that don't fit in the lowest part of the trunk. 🍕

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#48 OFFLINE   wiscy67

wiscy67

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 35 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2014 FFH SE

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:46 PM

Good suggestion.  I was about to drop the back seat down but found a jacket in the trunk I rolled up and placed under that corner of the pizza box.  

It's been a great car so far with much better mileage than the EPA estimates.  One thing I also could have added to my wishlist was an affordable home link solution for those without Titanium trim or moon roof option in SE.  For $200 I added an after market auto-dimming mirror that included home link.

339300.png

#49 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 977 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:41 PM

Good suggestion.  I was about to drop the back seat down but found a jacket in the trunk I rolled up and placed under that corner of the pizza box.  

Maybe a bit clumsy, but you could cut a piece of quarter inch plywood to fit the shape of the lower part of the trunk and fashion some support legs so that its height matches up with the battery shelf.  This would give you a flat surface for the entire trunk area and although it would be shallow it would work for your oversized pizzas (or similar cargo). The current fiberboard floor insert might be a good start for a pattern.

Edited by Texasota, 22 January 2015 - 10:02 PM.

• corncobs likes this

#50 OFFLINE   TonyHzNV

TonyHzNV

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 411 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:50 PM

One thing I also could have added to my wishlist was an affordable home link solution for those without Titanium trim or moon roof option in SE.  For $200 I added an after market auto-dimming mirror that included home link.

Where did you get that mirror and did you install it yourself or have it installed? Did the $200 include installation if you didn't do it yourself? Thanks! I had the Universal Garage Door Opener/Moonroof in my 2012 (gas) Fusion SEL and I kinda miss it.

Edited by TonyHzNV, 22 January 2015 - 02:52 PM.

340661.png

#51 OFFLINE   corncobs

corncobs

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:53 PM

Maybe a bit clumsy, but you could cut a piece if quarter inch plywood to fit the shape of the lower part of the trunk and fashion some support legs so that its height matches up with the battery shelf.  This would give you a flat surface for the entire trunk area and although it would be shallow it would work for your oversized pizzas (or similar cargo). The current fiberboard floor insert might be a good start for a pattern.

That's not a bad idea not at all!
You could even make a square cutout like a little trapdoor secured with a piano hinge and door / window latch.

In case I will ever have too much time on my hand I might just make one.
  • Texasota and TonyHzNV like this

215477.png

#52 OFFLINE   rwhgme

rwhgme

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 61 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Fusion Hybrid

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:48 PM

SiriusXM sound quality is on par with your typical AM radio station. - That's on SiruisXM. They compress their media to the point of poor sound quality.

Not on my BMW...this troubles me.

#53 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 977 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:12 PM

That's not a bad idea not at all!
You could even make a square cutout like a little trapdoor secured with a piano hinge and door / window latch.

In case I will ever have too much time on my hand I might just make one.

CC, maybe we better patent this idea before WeatherTech builds it.  ;)

• hybridbear and corncobs like this

#54 OFFLINE   corncobs

corncobs

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:20 PM

CC, maybe we better patent this idea before WeatherTech builds it.  ;)

50:50? :)
  • hybridbear likes this

215477.png

#55 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 977 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:30 PM

Deal.

#56 OFFLINE   kbailey990

kbailey990

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 58 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:04 PM

We now have a $30,000+ pizza delivery machine. The Forum strikes again!
  • GrySql, corncobs and Texasota like this

#57 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 977 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:17 PM

How about we give the moderators a cut?  They were lamenting recently about the lack of pay.  ;) 

• acdii, hybridbear and GrySql like this

#58 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Yes
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:53 PM

How about we give the moderators a cut?  They were lamenting recently about the lack of pay.  ;)

I married an Heiress so I'll give my share to charity... :)

• Texasota likes this
The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#59 OFFLINE   TonyHzNV

TonyHzNV

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 411 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:14 PM

I married an Heiress so I'll give my share to charity... 

Wow, GrySql, we have more in common than I knew! I also married an heiress, but I had to sign a pre-nup and then we got divorced!  :drop:

340661.png

#60 OFFLINE   hermans

hermans

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,341 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2015 MKC - 2013 MKZh

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:36 PM

My wife and I won one of the first Ohio lottery games. This was just before we were married.....41 years later....it's all gone, so I have no $$$ to contribute.

2016 Edge Titanium

2015 Lincoln MKC

2013 MKZ Hybrid

"Your comment is in no way productive. Why don't you find something productive to say?" - hybridbear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·