rhandrew

What's irritating to you

No Applink and low trunk lid, other than that, can't really think of anything else. My main beef with the defrosters in winter was resolved with the latest updates, now I set it to auto and keep warm without the AC blasting cold air up the window.

I guess too new to have many yet but... Windows phone and microsoft sync should work better together, i mean at least be able to do text and voice not just voice. Come on they are both made by the same company i would expect they would have extra features promoting windows phone being that its also MS....

I suspect that would generate a strong negative reaction for a couple of reasons. One being that Windows phone has only about 2.7 % market share at the end of 2014 and that is down from 2013. Second, Microsoft does not have a very good reputation when it comes to Ford Sync and more closely linking Sync to a Microsoft phone would generate even more animosity. Only my opinion and I could be wrong.

Edited by Texasota

Hmm the iphone has speech to text for texting, you would think you could use it. The iphone has a bug with the USB that they have yet to fix. Sometimes it loses communication with the MFT, and has to be disconnected and reconnected to start working again, but only with Pandora. It used to work flawlessly until the prior release upgrade. 8.0 worked fine, 8.1 broke it and none of the latest updates helped. Funny thing is, it always quits midway through a commercial, never a song.

YET you can make phone calls. Screwy.

Whats irritating me today, dont know, something in my shirt on my back that I cant reach. Driving me nuts! Oh and what is with drivers today! YIKES!

You can dictate through Siri on the iPhone. That's what I'll do when needed. MFT notifies me of a new text message & reads it to me. If I need to reply I then reach my phone and press & hold the home button. Siri then talks to me through MFT. I can dictate the text and since she's talking through Bluetooth she will read the text back to me before sending it.

Okay, first I will state up front I am an older guy and did not cut my teeth on smart phones and texting. But, in my defense, we have an iPhone and a basic phone and I am competent with both. We have also paired the iPhone with Sync and we are also competent with that.

Now, having said that, wouldn’t it be easier to just call her back and talk to her on the phone instead of dictating a text to Siri, listening for the playback to verify Siri got it correct, and then sending the text? Sheesh, this seems like technology for technology sake when there is a simpler and more personal solution. Call me confused. being-confused-smiley-emoticon.gif

Good suggestion. I was about to drop the back seat down but found a jacket in the trunk I rolled up and placed under that corner of the pizza box.

Maybe a bit clumsy, but you could cut a piece of quarter inch plywood to fit the shape of the lower part of the trunk and fashion some support legs so that its height matches up with the battery shelf. This would give you a flat surface for the entire trunk area and although it would be shallow it would work for your oversized pizzas (or similar cargo). The current fiberboard floor insert might be a good start for a pattern.

Edited by Texasota