rhandrew

What's irritating to you

Maybe a bit clumsy, but you could cut a piece if quarter inch plywood to fit the shape of the lower part of the trunk and fashion some support legs so that its height matches up with the battery shelf. This would give you a flat surface for the entire trunk area and although it would be shallow it would work for your oversized pizzas (or similar cargo). The current fiberboard floor insert might be a good start for a pattern.

That's not a bad idea not at all!

You could even make a square cutout like a little trapdoor secured with a piano hinge and door / window latch.

In case I will ever have too much time on my hand I might just make one.

SiriusXM sound quality is on par with your typical AM radio station. - That's on SiruisXM. They compress their media to the point of poor sound quality.

Not on my BMW...this troubles me.

That's not a bad idea not at all!

You could even make a square cutout like a little trapdoor secured with a piano hinge and door / window latch.

In case I will ever have too much time on my hand I might just make one.

CC, maybe we better patent this idea before WeatherTech builds it. ;)

How about we give the moderators a cut? They were lamenting recently about the lack of pay. ;)

I married an Heiress so I'll give my share to charity... :)

I married an Heiress so I'll give my share to charity...

Wow, GrySql, we have more in common than I knew! I also married an heiress, but I had to sign a pre-nup and then we got divorced! :drop:

My wife and I won one of the first Ohio lottery games. This was just before we were married.....41 years later....it's all gone, so I have no $$$ to contribute.

My wife and I won one of the first Ohio lottery games. This was just before we were married.....41 years later....it's all gone, so I have no $$$ to contribute.

I won the lottery when I married my wife and all that talk about her being an heiress was just humor.

-

You did it right though, spend it while you're able. :spend:

:flirt: Say, that Sunbeam Tiger would be a thoughtful gift...

Edited by GrySql

I won the lottery when I married my wife and all that talk about her being an heiress was just humor.

-

That goes down like warm chocolate milk. :)

Awesome

-

That car is helping to finance my retirement. I have a very expensive hobby.

The finger slicer built into the steering wheel at 6 o'clock.

Is that still the case for the newer model years?

Is that still the case for the newer model years?

Same on my wife's 2014, but I don't know about newer than that.

The finger slicer built into the steering wheel at 6 o'clock.

Maybe I'm still too much of a newbie, but I don't recall hearing about this issue?

Maybe I'm still too much of a newbie, but I don't recall hearing about this issue?

If you stick your finger thru the opening at the 6 o'clock position the plastic piece has / had a sharp unfinished edge to it. It's kinda sharp therefore finger slicer.

My FFH irritant is the center console. I had several years with the center console of my 2005 Subaru Legacy (with Japan market add-on) providing a top shallow compartment (keys, small camera, pen, etc) and a much deeper lower compartment for everything else. The top compartment swung out of the way to access the lower compartment. Fast forward to my 2015 FFH and I have one deep compartment only, partially blocked by the semi-worthless small tray that holds very little. All in all, a limited-thinking design in a car that has much great-thinking design.

That useless little tray is the change holder!

It is poorly designed and awkward to get to and one of MY pet peeves!

My other pet peeve is the forward air dam, it is just low enough to hit most of the parking curbs i pull up to just enough to scrape the bottom :(

My other pet peeve is the forward air dam, it is just low enough to hit most of the parking curbs i pull up to just enough to scrape the bottom :(

My '04 Buick Century had the same low-hanging air dam underneath, and between that car and my FFH, they have trained me to not pull all the way up to the curbs. Fortunately, the lines on the parking spots are long enough that my FFH does not jut out past those lines even if I don't pull all the way into the parking spot.

That seems to be a problem across many new cars now. I damaged the front air dam on my Focus on a parking curb. I have a neighbor that tore his off on his Honda Odyssey simply by driving through deep snow. They are easily damaged.

My '04 Buick Century had the same low-hanging air dam underneath, and between that car and my FFH, they have trained me to not pull all the way up to the curbs. Fortunately, the lines on the parking spots are long enough that my FFH does not jut out past those lines even if I don't pull all the way into the parking spot.

I am a 'all in' kinda guy. I need a front curb feeler to stop earlier. Anybody ever seen one?