Sign in to follow this  
swingdj

Both heated seats not functioning this year

2014 FFH Titanium -- early December 2013 build -- has the heated/cooled (yeah!) front seats. Last winter my heated seats worked like champs, getting warm fairly quickly. Last time I used them may have been March 2014. The cooled seats worked just as well over the summer.

Now the heated seats are not working - neither of them. I have tried on all three heat settings and with the climate control on and off (not that it should matter). It's been a few weeks like this. I recall that when they were working, I used to hear a "click" when they went on and I don't hear that now.

I have to believe it must be something with the controls since both have gone out. I will take it in to the dealer, just curious if anyone has any history or thoughts.

Thanks!

Check the fuse. It's number 65 in my 2013 manual.

I will try that, thank you!

I will try that, thank you!

Did you have the seat back recall done?

Maybe they forgot to reconnect the wires?

I didn't have a seat recall performed (doesn't apply to my VIN). I swapped out the #65 20 amp fuse but that unfortunately did not get the heat working. Anyone have another idea?

2014 FFH Titanium -- early December 2013 build -- has the heated/cooled (yeah!) front seats. Last winter my heated seats worked like champs, getting warm fairly quickly. Last time I used them may have been March 2014. The cooled seats worked just as well over the summer.

Now the heated seats are not working - neither of them. I have tried on all three heat settings and with the climate control on and off (not that it should matter). It's been a few weeks like this. I recall that when they were working, I used to hear a "click" when they went on and I don't hear that now.

I have to believe it must be something with the controls since both have gone out. I will take it in to the dealer, just curious if anyone has any history or thoughts.

Thanks!

With winter officially here, it's definitely time to switch over to the heated seats; let's see how I can help get them running warm again, swingdj. Please send me a PM with your current mileage, VIN, servicing dealer, full name, and contact info. Let me know when you make an appointment with your dealer.

You can involve Rachel for your trip to the dealer which hopefully will help speed things up.

I'll definitely do my best to speed things up, hybridbear; thanks for suggesting me! :dance:

Rachel

The driver seat on 2010 FFH works intermittently.  It usually doesn't work, but occasionally will work.  When I press the seat heater control button, the pilot light goes on for a couple seconds, then goes out.  Repeating this action repeats the same results.  On rare occasions,  the light stays on and the seat heats normally.

The passenger seat heater always works, so I don't think it's a fuse.

Any ideas?

Check the connector under the passenger seat. Mine almost burned down my house and no recall for it. Never *ever* ever *ever* ever buy a Ford. This was issue 12.

20200209_133640.jpg