Sign in to follow this  
udaysffh

Looking to buy a 2015 FFH

Hi all,

I should have known about this forum long back but I am glad I ran into this today.

So I am planning to buy a 2015 FFH and got quotes from a local dealer for 28K OTD.

My questions are:

1) If I change the rims to After Market ones, would it effect fuel efficiency. I am thinking of getting Niche wheels as I really love the look of Fusion and want to make it better.

2) This will be my first car. (Motorcycle guy for 3 years and finally decided to get a car). Is a hybrid car good choice for first time buyer? I still have to know more information about getting most out of a hybrid car and considering it is my first car, I wonder if I miss some basic things..

Thanks..

Welcome!

1) If I change the rims to After Market ones, would it effect fuel efficiency. I am thinking of getting Niche wheels as I really love the look of Fusion and want to make it better.

The tires have an impact. Prior to 2015, Ford offered the Fusion Hybrid with 17-inch rims with Michelin tires or 18-inch rims with Goodyear tires. The Goodyear tires caused about a 10% drop in MPG versus the Michelin tires. Some owners with the 18-inch wheels have switched to other tires with good results. All 2015 Fusion Hybrids come with 17-inch rims and Michelin tires. If you are able to buy 17-inch Niche wheels and keep the stock Michelin tires you should see a minimal impact on MPGs.

So I am planning to buy a 2015 FFH and got quotes from a local dealer for 28K OTD.

Be careful with OTD price quotes. Dealerships can thrown all sorts of strange charges in there. The best thing to do is negotiate the price of the car before any incentives, then account for any incentives from Ford, then address the dealer fees, then add in the taxes/licensing/registration fees to get your OTD price. Dealers like to hide what the price is without the incentives from consumers to hide their profit. Be sure to get that price and negotiate based on that price.

Check out the pinned thread in this section about invoice pricing as well for more pricing help.

This will be my first car. (Motorcycle guy for 3 years and finally decided to get a car).

What did you do for wheels in the winter in the Northern Plains?

Hybrids don't have as much advantage in colder climates. It's still a good car.