Sign in to follow this  

Forgive me if this has been covered (as i know it has), but I believe that each case is its own issue, and you can't anways base your solution off of other peoples SIMILAR but not IDENTICAL issues.

My particular issue is as follows:

I installed DDM Tuning 55W 6000k HID lights in my low beams and 35W 5000K in the fog lights. I used the DDM wiring harness with a 35w 4700uf capasitor wired into the triger side of the relay (to fix a buzzing and flickering issue with the turn signals/brake lights). I know the capasiitor is good because when I turn the lights off, they stay energized for about 2 seconds before turning off (capasitor discharging). The fog lights work GREAT, but the headlights both have some issues.

The passenger side will randomly start and stop flickering at a high rate of speed. Some people can't see it, others can (I can). It reminds me of how old CRT TVs flicker. The bulb stays lit, it just flickers randomly. The flickering only happens when the car is in On mode, no difference if the ICE is running or not.

The driver side bulb appears to be flicker free, but it will randomly turn off. Turning off both lights and turning them back on fixes the driver side issue, but only for a few minutes (10 at most). The driver side bulb looks dimmer than the passenger side bulb when it is working. This happens whether the car is On or not (tested on my driveway after getting home).

My grounds are good, and as I said I am using the wiring harness (getting power direct off the jump point under the hood by the fuse box and grounded to the small bolt on the driver side strut area).

I have not started any real troubleshooting as I just installed the new bulbs today. I am going to try switching sides on the inverters to see if the problem follows. I really don't waht to move the bulbs as it is a pain to get to those (bumper removal sucks). Does anyone else have any ideas on what I should look for? I don't want to RMA anything till I am more sure that is the problem.

I leave them in auto most of the times, but I do manually turn them on when the driver side dies.

I leave them in auto most of the times, but I do manually turn them on when the driver side dies.

what i have learned from both of my fusion is that keeping them in auto isnt a good idea and you will run into this problem all the time

Even if I leave them in On, the driver side still fails in under 10 minutes. I then turn them to PArking lights only, wait for the passenger side to turn off, then turn back to On.

I leave them in On untill the driver side dies again, and I repeat the Parking light to On trick to make it work again.

i always leave them on auto and usually one wont fire up and have to switch between parking lights and on a couple of time but i dont have a relay harness mine has a can-bus connector

I used the relay harness without the can-bus connector and rigged a 4700uf 35V capasitor on the low side of the relay (to stop the buzzing/flickering caused by the turn signals). They both fire up no problem in Auto, one just dies after 5 to 10 minutes.

I contacted their tech support. I told them I swapped inverters, and the problem followed the inverter. They asked me to pull the inverter and cut its wires and take a picture. Once I do that, they are going to ship me a new inverter.

I'll keep using them in Auto until they give me more troubles, but it is good to know that issue may arrise.

Out of curiosity, what wattage are your HID?

I used the relay harness without the can-bus connector and rigged a 4700uf 35V capasitor on the low side of the relay (to stop the buzzing/flickering caused by the turn signals). They both fire up no problem in Auto, one just dies after 5 to 10 minutes.

I contacted their tech support. I told them I swapped inverters, and the problem followed the inverter. They asked me to pull the inverter and cut its wires and take a picture. Once I do that, they are going to ship me a new inverter.

I'll keep using them in Auto until they give me more troubles, but it is good to know that issue may arrise.

Out of curiosity, what wattage are your HID?

35 watt

You may need the wiring harness still, even with the 35 watt. Not sure how your inverters are different than mine, but I do know the FFH runs the headlights at 95% power (pusling them rapidly). It might be why its failing, not because they are in Auto. You just happen to fix the problem and get them both to fire properly when switching them manually.