Sign in to follow this  
Paul Chin

DO NOT ORDER TIRES FROM TIRERACK.COM! F- customer service

What year is your car, it's not in your Signature.

There is a TSB 14-0037 for correcting GPS problems but it's for cars built before 1/6/2014.

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/9352-technical-service-bulletins-tsbs/?p=87989

2013 FFH SE, and I just found out about this TSB yesterday. I guess it is a problem with the GPS unit and not the tires, but I still find it odd that I've had my car for a year and a half and never had problems with the GPS until now.

Just like the APA system, the GPS uses the distance calculated from the wheel speed sensors for it's "dead reconning" mode. If you're traveling in cities with lots of tall buildings or through tunnels, the GPS will use the wheel speed to continue to calculate your position on the map. If you're tires are a different diameter, these calculations will be off.

Does this mean as the tire diameter becomes smaller due to normal tread wear these problems you have described will become noticable?

I don't think 3% would upset the ACC servo loop and the dead reckoning mode is a "loss of GPS" data mode so it doesn't affect the GPS mode. 3% is about 150 feet /mile for which you would have to lose your GPS for a minute or two. I'll wager the dead reckoning mode is also announced in some manner.

Edited by lolder

QuickChange is a loss-leader that drums up other business. They refused to rotate my tires once because one of them had a plug in the edge of the tread. They'd sell me a replacement for $250. They overfilled the oil also which I had my mechanic remove. I haven't been back since.