PASSINOS

OEM replacement or go with different 245/45/18

Continental Pure Contacts are a good choice for a replacement tire. Several of us have them on now to replace the crap years that came on the car. Ride is much better, handling unchanged, and they are LRR tires. They also have good all weather ratings and long tread life. There is a review thread on these tires if you want more info on them.

I vote for the PureContacts, very happy with the improved ride, handling, and quietness of the tire over the stock Goodyear.

I installed the Continental PureContact 235/45/R18 about a week ago. I run 34psi as per the sticker on the door. I was torn between buying the Pirelli P7's or the Continentals but settled on the PureContacts because of the better wet traction rating. I have since driven in both heavy rain and dry conditions and I am very pleased with my decision. Between these tires and the Steeda rear sway bar I installed a few months ago, the transformation has been incredible. To have a car that looks this good, rides this smooth, handles this incredible and still averages over 43mpg is amazing. If the infotainment/HVAC control system is this car wasn't such a horrible blunder, this would be the perfect car.

If the infotainment/HVAC control system is this car wasn't such a horrible blunder, this would be the perfect car.

Fortunately, the infotainment/HVAC control system (i.e. MFT) is optional equipment which means this horrible blunder can be avoided. Consumer Reports has blasted the FFH because of MFT.

Only my opinion, but this is an area of CR that I strongly disagree with. I think it is fair game for CR to state that MFT is problematic and should be avoided but I don't think a car should be kept off the "recommended list" because of a particular piece of optional equipment.

Note that the FFH has recently been added to CR's recommended list primarily because of improvements in the MFT software.

Edited by Texasota

I agree that CR shouldn't have written off the whole car because of the MFT; but given the fact that you can't get what should be standard on a car of this class, like a back-up camera or navigation system without buying the MFT, I kinda see their point.