Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Interior Light/Moonroof Control

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Torrent

Torrent

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 FFH SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:49 PM

Last year I bought a used 2013 FFH SE, only had 10k miles on it and got a killer deal.  When I purchased it, the interior lights as well as the moonroof controls were all touch activated.  About 8 months later, I was getting a rattling from the sunglass holder and had it replaced.  A couple of days later, I needed to turn on the interior light so I touched the light, and nothing came on.  After a minute I realized the control panel was changed and everything was actual physical buttons.  Brought it back about a week later when the new sunglass holder started to fall off and mentioned that it used to be touch control, now it's buttons.  They told me they would take care of it, 2 days later, it's still buttons.  I have it in now again so they can do some recall work and change an air filter that they forgot to replace, and now they are saying parts has no record of a touch control panel, that it's all buttons.  I know it's probably petty, but I paid for a feature and now it was removed and replaced with something else and now they have no record of it and it's driving me insane.  Does anyone else have the touch panel, and if so do you know the part #?  I love my FFH, but due to a multitude of issues, including the whole filler neck issue and now this recall, i've easily had my car in the shop now for over twenty days in the first year, and it's just really starting to grate on my nerves with all these random issues.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,498 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:38 PM

When was it built?  The job 1 cars had touch buttons.  The job 2 cars have actual buttons.

#3 OFFLINE   SteveB_TX

SteveB_TX

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 933 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Our stable: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE, 2013 Ford F-150 XLT Ecoboost Super Crew

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:18 AM

The touch panel is obsolete.  You will not get one from a dealer.  If you want the (buggy) touch panel, you will have to find one in a wrecking yard and install it yourself (good bye warranty).   The sun glasses holder is not serviced separately, which is why your entire upper console was replaced with the newest part.  And technically you didn't "pay for a feature".  You payed for a used car, not a feature.  :)

White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat

Light Dune Leather interior

All of the bells and whistles (without that silly panoramic roof).

#4 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:05 AM

I loved the touch panel and wish Ford hadn't discontinued it. I don't recall anyone coming to the Forum to complain about it not working so I don't understand why it is called "buggy" by others. Ford stated that too many touch sensitive buttons were failing their QC checks at the factory and thus they changed the design.

• DeeCee and GrySql like this

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#5 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:42 PM

Mine was buggy. I could turn the lights on by waving my hand near the light and not actually touching it. It was overly sensitive, and at times would not turn off. 

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·