Sign in to follow this  
Torrent

Interior Light/Moonroof Control

Last year I bought a used 2013 FFH SE, only had 10k miles on it and got a killer deal. When I purchased it, the interior lights as well as the moonroof controls were all touch activated. About 8 months later, I was getting a rattling from the sunglass holder and had it replaced. A couple of days later, I needed to turn on the interior light so I touched the light, and nothing came on. After a minute I realized the control panel was changed and everything was actual physical buttons. Brought it back about a week later when the new sunglass holder started to fall off and mentioned that it used to be touch control, now it's buttons. They told me they would take care of it, 2 days later, it's still buttons. I have it in now again so they can do some recall work and change an air filter that they forgot to replace, and now they are saying parts has no record of a touch control panel, that it's all buttons. I know it's probably petty, but I paid for a feature and now it was removed and replaced with something else and now they have no record of it and it's driving me insane. Does anyone else have the touch panel, and if so do you know the part #? I love my FFH, but due to a multitude of issues, including the whole filler neck issue and now this recall, i've easily had my car in the shop now for over twenty days in the first year, and it's just really starting to grate on my nerves with all these random issues.

When was it built? The job 1 cars had touch buttons. The job 2 cars have actual buttons.

The touch panel is obsolete. You will not get one from a dealer. If you want the (buggy) touch panel, you will have to find one in a wrecking yard and install it yourself (good bye warranty). The sun glasses holder is not serviced separately, which is why your entire upper console was replaced with the newest part. And technically you didn't "pay for a feature". You payed for a used car, not a feature. :)

I loved the touch panel and wish Ford hadn't discontinued it. I don't recall anyone coming to the Forum to complain about it not working so I don't understand why it is called "buggy" by others. Ford stated that too many touch sensitive buttons were failing their QC checks at the factory and thus they changed the design.

Mine was buggy. I could turn the lights on by waving my hand near the light and not actually touching it. It was overly sensitive, and at times would not turn off.