Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

First complete fillup soon. Safe to go to "0 mi to E"?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   TonyHzNV

TonyHzNV

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 411 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:46 PM

The folks on this and similar forums who take a interest in their cars and really want to know how things work are the few, not the main body of buyers.

For that reason, it is a pleasure to be a part of this group.

And people like you, Sir, who take the time and have the resources to attempt to educate the rest of us (though some might be misfits, LOL) be it through magic, tomfoolery, garage science, your own personal experiments, or ACTUAL TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE, are what make this forum what it is. And, IMO, THAT is what makes it a pleasure and a privilege to be a part of this group!  :worship:

• ptjones, hybridbear, GrySql and 2 others like this

340661.png

2013 F-150 XLT Super Cab Ingot Silver Metallic/Gray Cloth, 302A, 5.0L V8, 7100# GVWR Pkg, Tailgate Step, Cloth Bucket Seats. Build Date: 01/25/13

2014 Fusion SE Hybrid, Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat/Charcoal Black Cloth, SE Appearance Pkg, Rear Spoiler, 18" Premium Sport Wheels, Tech/MFT Pkg, Rear View Camera, Reverse Sensing Sys, Adaptive Cruise Control, Nav System. Build Date: 11/25/13, Sync Version: 3.8 (w/nav)

Previous (Ford) Vehicles: 1995 Contour, 1999 Explorer Sport, 2002 Explorer XLS 4x4, 2003 Expedition XLT 4x4, 2007 F-150 XLT 4x4, 2007 Fusion SEL, 2012 Fusion SEL

"Do What You Can, For Who You Can, With What You Have, and What You Know"

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   corncobs

corncobs

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2,836 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 FFH
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:04 PM

And people like you, Sir, who take the time and have the resources to attempt to educate the rest of us (though some might be misfits, LOL) be it through magic, tomfoolery, garage science, your own personal experiments, or ACTUAL TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE, are what make this forum what it is. And, IMO, THAT is what makes it a pleasure and a privilege to be a part of this group!  :worship:

Ditto!!!
  • ptjones and GrySql like this
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE - Lady in Red
Ruby Red / 505A, Tech Pkg, Rear Sensing System, 18" Luxury Wheels

215477.png

#23 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Yes
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:26 PM

We've got a bunch of nice people with us who are smart, energetic, practical, mechanical, scientific and who have a world of quality experiences to draw from - they are the backbone of this forum.

It's the rare day I don't learn something new here too, it's a group effort for sure.

Attached File  gas.jpg   13.75KB   0 downloads

Edited by GrySql, 31 January 2015 - 09:40 PM.

• ptjones, hybridbear, corncobs and 2 others like this
The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#24 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 689 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2013 CMAX SEL

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:54 AM

That might be useful and desirable to savvy owners. On the other hand many owners would be completely flummoxed if you asked them to calculate their MPG based on miles traveled and number of gallons used. Configuring the MyView display or manipulating a trip gauge correction feature would likely be equally confusing. The more customization you add the more complex this car becomes.

Ford understands that they must market and sell to the masses.

For those of us using Fuelly.com this is a no brainer, and could be inputted on 8" display. It seems to me that you can't have to much info as long as you don't have to use it. IMO :)

Paul

Edited by ptjones, 25 February 2015 - 10:08 AM.

163299.png 600 Club

Current Record:  12/30/2014  902.2 mi.  63.8 mpg  14.13  gal. (Actual GPS:  922 mi.  68 mpg  13.5 gal.

#25 OFFLINE   tr7driver

tr7driver

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 497 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Ti Hybrid, C-Max Energi, Mustang GT convertible, Triumph TR7 convertible, Toyota Highlander

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:06 AM

As my car has multiple drivers, it would be nice to know how much gas is *really* in the tank at any given time. 

If I'm going to store the car, or like my C-max energi that has burned 6 gallons of gas in 2200 miles, I'll want to add fuel stabilizer.  How the heck do I know how much to mix?  My 35 year old triumph can do that, my 2005 Mustang can do that.  When they get to empty, they are consistent and they ain't kidding.  Why can't my new Fords?

#26 OFFLINE   Easy Rider

Easy Rider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Titanium

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:04 PM

For storage you should ALWAYS fill the tank first.  Less air at the top means less condensation of water vapor.

Then the answer is: You use the amount of stabilizer based on the tank capacity.   :)

#27 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 981 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:18 PM

For storage you should ALWAYS fill the tank first.  Less air at the top means less condensation of water vapor.

Then the answer is: You use the amount of stabilizer based on the tank capacity.   :)

That is what boat owners commonly do when storing for the winter. It has worked well for me.  As the end of boatings season approaches I fill the last couple of tanks with non-alcohol gas to minimize the percentage of ethanol in the tank.

Edited by Texasota, 02 February 2015 - 01:23 PM.

#28 OFFLINE   machoman1337

machoman1337

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • Current Vehicle:FFH SE Ice Storm/Lexus LS430

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:10 PM

if your fuel gauge is as inaccurate as mine, I'm sure it's safe - but find a station as soon as the "empty" warning comes on, to be safe. I managed to see at least 10 km more of range when my car said "empty". 

The tank capacity is supposed to be 51 litres. Yet every time the indicator shows half or less remaining, and I fill up, it turns out I only needed to put in 20 litres at most, which is less than half the capacity. It's especially annoying if I happen to pump at a full-serve station (it's a bylaw in one part of Metro Vancouver), because the attendant will be surprised at the low amount and often attempt to top-off the tank with another squeeze or two, and I read that topping-off isn't good for this car.

Anyway, I don't see much point in trying to go all the way to empty, unless you're a Canadian on a day trip down south trying to max out the amount of American gas you can stuff in. If you're driving along and happen to see that the gas price is lower today than it was yesterday, just stop and fill up, even if it's less than a quarter tank!

I have fond memories of my last trip to Seattle in my FFH, where I purposely waited for the empty warning to come on before finally filling to the brim (saving about 40 cents per litre in the process at that period's exchange rate). That was when I was able to go 10 km extra without any issues.

• hybridbear likes this

My precious: 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE Ice Storm - Luxury Package (Dune), Navigation, Tech Package, Active Park Assist, Moonroof (ugh), 18" premium painted luxury wheels. Built in July 2012, bought CPO (former demonstrator) in May 2014. 6.3L/100 km lifetime fuel economy

Current temporary ride: 2003 Lexus LS430 w/navigation and parking sensors. Bought in December 2002, selling when I graduate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·