Sign in to follow this  
hybridbear

Owner Advantage Rewards

What are Owner Advantage Rewards?

In the mail today I received a "Quarterly Statement". It is from the dealer where we bought the Energi. It says that I have a "New Vehicle Sales Rewards Balance" of $100 and a "Service Rewards Balance" of $10. What does this mean? I have not ever received any similar document from Ford before. Thanks!

It's an account that is started by some dealers when you buy a new car or when you request to sign up, I've had an account for several years, I think they created it when we bought the Escape Hybrid... not all dealers participate.

The only thing I use it for is qualifying me for free state inspections from my dealer, so I save $16 twice a year. I believe money spent on service visits add up for discounts on future visit, etc.

The $100 can go towards a new car purchase. I have $300 so far in those rewards.

I think I'm at about $100 in rewards so far. The dealer would have given you a plastic card, and you'd have to submit paperwork to be enrolled. I lost out on some of my possible rewards because I bought my car from one dealership, but their service department is so incompetent, I now service the car at another dealership. So some of my rewards earned won't be applied. Oh, well .....

That's where my Dealer (SBF) puts the money for the gas I use in a rental car. I have $48 and a free oil change coming.

My first dealer warned me when they decided to drop out of the program so I was able to use the money before it evaporated. The $100 toward a new car was lost.

My current dealer didn't warn me when they dropped out of the program so I lost all of it. Fortunately there was only about $5 in it at the time.

Don't let money build up for a long time. It's a voluntary program and they can cancel it any time they want to.

So can I use the $10 in Service Rewards at any dealer? Any dealer that participates? Or only at the dealer 220 miles away who sold us the car?

So can I use the $10 in Service Rewards at any dealer? Any dealer that participates? Or only at the dealer 220 miles away who sold us the car?

You'd have to check with the particular local dealer to make sure they participate.. my account was created from purchase at a dealer 100 miles away and my local dealer has always done the inspections for free for several years without question.

I think you can also look the balance up on the owner web site, I recall seeing mine there, thats how I know I have $300 towards a new car.

The rewards are dealer specific and can only be used at the dealership that issues them. But the new car rewards can be used at any dealer.

If you use multiple dealers for service, you can have an account with each one, if they participate. Also, it's for any service at the dealership. Even if you have your other makes services there.

Edited by Sleddog