LEM

Airbag light was on today while driving

Today, on my way to work I noticed that the airbag light was on. I also noticed that from time to time, the PASS AIRBAG "OFF" indicator on the dash board, was lit and then off again,

over and over. After I got to work, I started the car again and the warning light was not lit anymore.

Anyway, have you guys had a similar issue? And one more thing, Does the text "OFF" stays on all the time when you don't have a passenger? Now I'm not sure how it used

to be before I had this problem. I checked the manual but I only got more confused.

Thanks

Edited by LEM

If no one is sitting in the passenger seat the passenger airbag is disabled. Do you put anything on the passenger seat that might be heavy enough to trip the seat in use sensor?

If no one is sitting in the passenger seat the passenger airbag is disabled. Do you put anything on the passenger seat that might be heavy enough to trip the seat in use sensor?

No, I didn't have anything. First time that this happens. :(

The airbag is off when the seat is empty but the off light isn't lit unless the system detects weight in the seat and decides to disable the airbag for some reason in our experience. If the airbag light was lit up then it seems there is a problem. Did you run a VHR?

Did you run a VHR?

Good idea. I'll do that.