mwr

Trunk-opening button inside car

I found 3 different ways to open the trunk on pages 57-58 of the latest 2014 FFH OM, but none of them include the button beside the headlights switch. So that would make 4 total ways to open the trunk. I had no recollection of reading in the OM about being able to open the trunk from the keypad on the driver door pillar.

post-12539-0-11070800-1415994943.png

---------------------------------------

post-12539-0-26816800-1415994966.png

post-12539-0-11070800-1415994943_thumb.png

post-12539-0-26816800-1415994966_thumb.png

Edited by Hybrider

I searched the online manual and couldn't find it. I assumed the Ford technical writers knew what they were doing. I guess they didn't know. ;(

Apparently the OM tech writers didn't see the trunk release switch either, since it is so well hidden.

I also find this whole post funny. I thought this was a joke about people not knowing about the trunk release button. I cannot remember the last car I had that did not have a trunk release button somewhere inside the car. Actually I can, it was my first car a 1966 Mustang.

I found it on my own, but I can totally understand how people missed it, based on the location. The steering wheel can obstruct the view...

As noted before in this amazingly long topic, why lock the Trunk Button when the car has fold down seats that access the trunk?

The FFH has a Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) and a Perimeter Anti-Theft Alarm System, what more should Ford do?

A tow truck can steal the whole FFH just as easily.

Run that 600V DC through the car. Shock the crap out of the thief! :) Be easy to spot the guy who tried to break in, he will be the one with crazy hair and smoke wisping out of his clothes.

640-02771285em-Man-after-electric-shock-

Edited by acdii