mwr

Trunk-opening button inside car

Thats true, once inside, if that button didnt work, just flip the rear seats down. I learned decades ago, if you want something safe, dont keep it in the car. I used to have a Isuzo P'up and stored a camera behind the seat. No one knew it was there, yet one night some punk kids broke in and stole it. There was nothing else in the truck, why break in?

My 2015 FFH SE has a trunk-opening button on the front panel inside the car. Press it and the trunk pops open. I can't find any mention of that button in the manual. It allows anyone who enters the car by breaking a window to have full easy access to the trunk. I'm wondering if there's a way to deactivate that button.

I have had my 2015 FFH S since last August and didn't think it had this feature but I just checked and I have that buttton also. Dang, you learn something new from this forum all the time! The button is tucked kind of low and behind the steering wheel but I should have noticed it. Thanks for posting the picture.

Do the 2013s and the 2014s have this also or was this new on the 2015s?

One of my earlier cars, maybe the 2002 Crown Vic, had the trunk button on the driver's door and it could be locked with the ignition key.

My old Mercury Sable or Ford Taurus had the same thing.

One of my earlier cars, maybe the 2002 Crown Vic, had the trunk button on the driver's door and it could be locked with the ignition key.

The 95 Grand marquis has it as well. The 2001 CV I had though had the button in the glove box, so did my 85 Grand Marquis now that I think about it. That one was a rare bird, had opera window in the back instead of the full sized one.

I'm kinda shocked - after reading this and responding yesterday, I checked my car this morning when I left for work, and guess what? I have the trunk release as well! How could I be driving my car for all this time, and not be aware that the car has had this feature????? :confused: :doh: :banghead:

:) Djminfll, you just made me feel a lot better about being oblivious to my button for three months. But, in our defense, it is hidden from sight very well.

Edited by Texasota

out of sight, out of mind, eh? :) If you dont use it, you forget where it is, happened to me looking for the dash controls, Kind of hard to do in the dark, when you forget to turn on the lights! The downside of having DRL, you don't realize that the dealer turned the auto lights off when they serviced it, and you are wondering why the hell your dash is not lit up, yet I can see where I am going.