Sign in to follow this  
B25Nut

2 Year Ownership Reports - 2013 FFH

I had to resurrect this thread, since I bought my 2013 brand new just 2 years ago. I have 52k on it and I still love this car. I'm achieving outstanding economy - 49.3 MPG per manual calc (Fuelly), although my dash lifetime just clicked up to 52.4, which will likely be this year's high water mark with winter approaching. Some of my thoughts, in random order:

I still find the car comfortable, with a smooth ride.

I rarely push it hard, but when I do, the gearless acceleration always amuses and surprises me.

The original tires still look good. Not sure how many miles I'll get - 75k??

The fuel gauge is screwy, and I seem to be the only one reporting such a problem here.

I very much dislike paying Sirius for what they offer. I basically listened to one station, so not worth it. Their traffic info left a lot to be desired, too.

Navigation is OK, but again, I'm not paying for updates. My Android phone handles music and nav duty just fine, which brings me to...

Sync with MyFord Touch is a complete and utter disappointment, not to mention a waste of my initial investment. Wish I had not included the option.

I put a nice long scratch on the rear quarter panel about 1.5 years ago. Ouch.

The front end is low and I've scraped it a few times. My bad. Live and learn.

I still have a recall or two or three outstanding. I need to make that appointment.

This car doesn't require much maintenance, which is nice. I've done the oil changes and tire rotations myself. Changed the cabin air filter, too.

The efficiency, comfort, quietness, and smoothness have made this the best car I've ever purchased, despite a few quirks. Sync is useless to me. Fortunately, Bluetooth connectivity allows for me to cover the deficiencies with my phone.

P.S. My wife's 2014, purchased a year later, is tracking about the same. She really likes it.

Edited by md13ffhguy

Are you referring to there being about 2 gallons left when the gauge says "Empty"? Or something else? Ours is the same, as is our Camry Hybrid. Presumably that is to discourage running out of gas.

Nah, I actually consider that to be normal. If my F-150 only had 2 gallons left, I'd need to find a gas station in a hurry! What I'm talking about are random fluctuations that usually occur after I've burned about half a tank. At times, I've hopped in my car and driven 30-40 miles, and found that the gauge showed significantly MORE in the tank than when I started! This car is efficient, but it's not magic...

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/9906-incorrect-fuel-gauge-reading