mwr

Daytime Running Lights on my 2015 FFH?

I've had my 2015 FFH SE all of 28 hours now. I see no Daytime Running Lights working, and I find no Lighting option under Settings / Vehicle. Where is it hiding?

The 2015 FF order guide says -, for S, SE, Titanium, Hybrid S, SE, Titanium - New, Configurable Daytime Running Lamps Standard

What am I missing here?

For some reason, Ford has chosen not to turn the DRLs on. If you go to your dealer, they can turn them on, but there have been people on this forum who said their dealer wanted to charge them to do it, others said their dealer did it as a courtesy. Mine did it gratis, but yours might or might not want to do it for free.

I've had my 2015 FFH SE all of 28 hours now. I see no Daytime Running Lights working, and I find no Lighting option under Settings / Vehicle. Where is it hiding?

The 2015 FF order guide says -, for S, SE, Titanium, Hybrid S, SE, Titanium - New, Configurable Daytime Running Lamps Standard

What am I missing here?

The owners manual (page 100 in the online PDF) says to go to "Settings:Vehicle:Lighting:Daytime Lights: on or off". That was how I turned them on in my 2015.

I learned from GrySql to keep a PDF version of the owners manual handy as it makes it very easy to do searches and lookups for finding answers to your questions.

Edited by Texasota

For some reason, Ford has chosen not to turn the DRLs on. If you go to your dealer, they can turn them on, but there have been people on this forum who said their dealer wanted to charge them to do it, others said their dealer did it as a courtesy. Mine did it gratis, but yours might or might not want to do it for free.

They are configurable on the 2015s and mwr and I have 2015s.

The owners manual (page 100 in the online PDF) says to go to "Settings:Vehicle:Lighting:Daytime Lights: on or off". That was how I turned them on in my 2015.

I learned from GrySql to keep a PDF version of the owners manual handy as it makes it very easy to do searches and lookups for finding answers to your questions.

That's the page where I found the same thing. But in the car, I couldn't find "Lighting" under "Vehicle". Maybe I was in the wrong place on the screens. Where/how did you access "Settings" in the first place?

Edited by mwr

That's the page where I found the same thing. But in the car, I couldn't find "Lighting" under "Vehicle". Maybe I was in the wrong place on the screens. Where/how did you access "Settings" in the first place?

Press the "<" button on the left set of steering wheel controls to get all the way back to the main menu. You will see "Settings" there. "Lighting" was the fist option (for me) on the "Vehicle" sub-menu.

Press the "<" button on the left set of steering wheel controls to get all the way back to the main menu. You will see "Settings" there. "Lighting" was the fist option (for me) on the "Vehicle" sub-menu.

Do those menus appear on the small screen in the far-left part of the dash? I was looking at the large screen in the center of the car.

Do those menus appear on the small screen in the far-left part of the dash? I was looking at the large screen in the center of the car.

Yes, everything we have been talking about shows up only in the far-left dash screen (to the left of the speedometer). The left side steering wheel controls control the left dash screen and the right side steering wheel controls control the right dash screen.

Might want to take some more time and read the owners manual from tip to tail. It does a pretty good job of covering all of this.

Edited by Texasota

I found those settings and Daytime Lights was on. But still no daytime lights working. Ignition on, even car moving, and no daytime lights at all with the headlight control set to off or parking.

I found those settings and Daytime Lights was on. But still no daytime lights working. Ignition on, even car moving, and no daytime lights at all with the headlight control set to off or parking.

I would assume "car moving" means in gear? The DRLs only come on when you put the car out of park.

I would assume "car moving" means in gear? The DRLs only come on when you put the car out of park.

Yep, Reverse then Drive.

Yep, Reverse then Drive.

If you (or a person outside the car) don't see the light come on when you put into R or D you might turn off/on that setting. Maybe then the bits an bytes start to cooperate ;) but like Texasota said he turned his on no problem.

But still no daytime lights working. Ignition on, even car moving, and no daytime lights at all with the headlight control set to off or parking.

My guess is that they only work in the AUTO mode, with the vehicle in D.

So that OFF is really everything OFF......and park is unique too.

My guess is that they only work in the AUTO mode, with the vehicle in D.

So that OFF is really everything OFF......and park is unique too.

Thanks, that's exactly what the manual says. I read that part of the manual lost night but read it differently and incorrectly.

When the daytime running lamps are

switched on in the information display and

you switch the ignition to the on position

with the lighting control in the autolamps

position, the daytime running lamps turn

on whenever the headlamps are off.

Thanks, that's exactly what the manual says. I read that part of the manual lost night but read it differently and incorrectly.

When the daytime running lamps are

switched on in the information display and

you switch the ignition to the on position

with the lighting control in the autolamps

position, the daytime running lamps turn

on whenever the headlamps are off.

I first read the owners manual from tip to tail in the comfort of my LazyBoy. Then I went to the car and went through the owners manual a second time and played with all the switches and buttons. I learned a lot by doing that. I'm kind of a slow learner and I need that first reading introduction followed by the hands on exercise.

Hey, the daytime running lights work like they're supposed to. I think I'll just leave the headlight switch on Auto and then I'll have either the DRL or the headlights..

Sure. I can't see any real reason to NOT leave it on AUTO all of the time, whether you have the DRLs activated or not.

I really miss not having that feature in my Prius C.

Hey guys,

I have a 2015 Energi and I changed my lights over to HID so I can't figure out if the change over is causing my issue or if that is how the lights are supposed to work. Can any of you who have turned on the owner configurable DRL's from the left dash menu, tell me which lights turn on as the DRLs? Is it the headlights at 1/2 power or is it the parking light bulbs contained in the upper portion of the High Beam reflector? Pics would be fantastic.

Long story as to why I can't do it myself - but I am waiting for a set of Mondeo style lights from TLF (thelightingfirm) and the 13/14 lights are given a separate power feed for the DRL's, BUT if the 15 uses the parking bulb and not the headlight - it should be a plug and play operation with just the standard factory connector and not the extra power feed (which isn't the end of the world, but I have such OCD that it will bother me if they could've been done without it)

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

J Mo