kthejoker20

Mytouch no navigation on screen? No Problem!

From the above link:

Telenav provides three navigation products beamed-in (SYNC Services), brought-in (Ford SYNC AppLink) and built-in (MyFord Ford Touch) to Ford Motor Company. The collaboration between Ford and Telenav delivers high-quality, user-friendly experiences that are touted by technologists and consumers alike.

I'm not sure this actually means it works as suggested in the OP. Seems too good to be true.

I have tried using Scout and cannot get it to show the images on the MFT. Turn by turn prompts come across the stereo but I cannot get the map images to show.

Has anyone successfully been able to get the maps to show on the MFT screen? If so, what did you do.

Version 1.7.1 is no longer supported or available per Scout support personnel.

If you know where to obtain the .apk for version 1.7.1, please let us know.

Interesting information on this.

http://www.telenav.com/products/auto/

Scout for Car Buil In would be what is required.

AUTOMOTIVE_logo_ford_175x70.jpg
Telenav provides three navigation products — beamed-in (SYNC Services), brought-in (Ford SYNC AppLink) and built-in (MyFord Ford Touch) — to Ford Motor Company. The collaboration between Ford and Telenav delivers high-quality, user-friendly experiences that are touted by technologists and consumers alike.

Now to find someone who this works for and see an actual picture of it on the MFT.

I'm still trying to comprehend how an app from a device would override the system and display on the dash screen while the vehicle is in motion. What kind of connection would this be? Video over Bluetooth? RCA jacks? USB? What input would one select in MFT? There is no provision for any of this in current versions of MFT, as far as I can tell.

^^^ Right, i remember that, which is why I said "while the vehicle is in motion..." This thread started with the premise that all that was needed was the right app, and one had finally come along. Then there was an assertion that this only worked with an old version of said app. Not that easy!