Sign in to follow this  
BruceAbbott1227

2013 Fusion Hybrid refueling

Traveled 107 miles on a trip and started with a full tank according to gauge. Gauge measured half a tank after only 107 miles.

That's not right. Try running it closer to empty and then see how many gallons you can pump in. My gauge won't hit half until about 250 to 300 miles driven.

GrySql answered your filling issue, the gauge issue however is a learning curve. Best way to train the gauge to be more consistent to what is in the tank is to drive until empty and beyond a few times. What you need to do is first figure the cars real average MPG, then based on 12 gallons, drive 12*MPG miles, and fill the tank per the OM, 3 clicks I believe is what it says(after the fill issues is resolved). After doing that a few times, both the gauge and DTE will better reflect real world fuel use. The Gauge is computer driven, not actual fuel level in the tank, the float is for reference only.

Mine has always shown me at 0 DTE at around 10.2 gallons, so knowing it has at least 13 gallons I drove at least 100 miles past empty a couple times, and now the DTE and gauge is closer to what the tank actually holds and not what the computer thinks it holds.

This is what the 2014 FFH OM says:

Filling the Tank
For consistent results when filling the fuel tank:

• Turn the ignition off before fueling; an inaccurate reading results if the engine is left running.

• Use the same fill rate (low-medium-high) each time the tank is filled.

• Allow no more than two automatic click-offs when filling.

Results are most accurate when the filling method is consistent.

Edited by Hybrider