Sign in to follow this  
Howie411

2014 FFH Titanium: 1 Year Review

So I've had my 2014 FFH Titanium a year now and I just wanted to give some of my feelings on the car. This is my second Hybrid, I had previously owned a 2010 FFH.

First I don't drive that much since I rotate driving weeks with my wife (she has a 2013 C-MAX). But I am currently at about 7800 miles and averaging around 39-42mpg per fill up. Which is odd since my wife is averaging about 44mpg per fillup.

Pros:

Car Design - I love how this car looks, especially with the Dark Side color. (though I wish they would have given it dual tail pipes)

Room - Plenty of Room, I was slightly concerned about the loss of space in the trunk but it has not been an issue and unlike the 2010 model I can actually fold down the seats.

High Tech - Love all the high end tech (BLISS, Collison Warning, Adaptive Cruise Control, Auto Head Beams etc)

Gas Mileage - so I'm pretty disapointed with the change in the 47/47/47 rating especially after compliaining to Ford about it and they told me it was my driving, but still around 40 MPG isn't bad, I fill up my car about twice a month and occasionally driving to work (23 miles) I usually hit between 46 and 50 mpg.

Ride - The ride is pretty quiet and pretty smooth.

Cons:

Very Loud AC (from the outside of the car)

Bizzare car jerk when idle at a stop occasionally

MyFordTouch / W Nav - This system stinks, and is so slow. Half the time it can't understand what I'm saying other half of the time it barely registers my clicking on the screen: Call Parents at Home = Changing to Sirius Station Howard Stern

Paint seems thin, maybe I'm unlucky but the amount of locations the paint is chipped from debris hitting the car is pretty high.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with the car, the only thing I'm a little disapointed with was if I would have waited 1 more month to buy the car I could have gotten a heated steering wheel and ventilated seats. I guess that will have to wait till my next car.