GrySql

TSB 14-175 Ambient Lighting problems

This didnt solve the issue. If anyone else has had it done and also notice it randomly resetting post too. I have a MKZ so it may be a little different.

I had my T done this week and the Fusion. Took them 3 1/2 hours to get the T done too. It would not talk to their computers, being stubborn.

Well I can honestly say, this update Does Not Work!

Both cars have defaulted back after 2 weeks. Went from purple to white in the T and red to blue in the Fusion.

We have no issues with ambient lighting in the Fusion Energi or in the Focus Electric. My wife has set both cars to purple and they have stayed that way for months. My parents' C-Max Energi has been set to green since the day they brought it home and it has never had any issues either. I guess that this issue is rather random, much like the auto-up window issues.

Yep, or number of key cycles. To get 2 vehicles that do it though, different models entirely is strange though. The Flex never did it though, always the same color over the 8000 miles I drove it. Man I miss that car.

I guess I spoke too soon. The Energi defaults to the light blue. I first noticed it two weeks ago. I have changed it back to green 4 times & it has reverted to light blue by the next time i drive at night.

I guess I spoke too soon. The Energi defaults to the light blue. I first noticed it two weeks ago. I have changed it back to green 4 times & it has reverted to light blue by the next time i drive at night.

Let's shed some light on the subject. ;)

Will you be heading to your dealer for this? Please keep me in the loop, and I'll jump in.

Meagan

I will be taking my car to the dealer about this today but after reading your comments it seems that this TSB will not fix it.

Do you guys know if there is a different one or there is something different that they must try?

Thanks

Edited by LEM

So far mine are working as advertised 2 weeks after having the TSB done. :)

I'm glad that it worked for you.

I went yesterday but the Ford website was down and they couldn't download the firmware update...

However I got done 14E02.

I'm glad that it worked for you.

I went yesterday but the Ford website was down and they couldn't download the firmware update...

However I got done 14E02.

Do you have another appointment set up to get the firmware update? Please let me know, along with your mileage, and I'll check out some potions. :)

Meagan

Do you have another appointment set up to get the firmware update? Please let me know, along with your mileage, and I'll check out some potions. :)

Meagan

Thanks for your reply, Meagan.

I didn't make another appointment. Since it's nothing important, I will wait until the next oil change to have that done.

My mileage is 25k.

Thanks for your reply, Meagan.

I didn't make another appointment. Since it's nothing important, I will wait until the next oil change to have that done.

My mileage is 25k.

Thanks! When you set up the appointment, send over a private message with your VIN, updated mileage, best daytime phone, full name, and dealer name/location. :)

Meagan

Thanks! When you set up the appointment, send over a private message with your VIN, updated mileage, best daytime phone, full name, and dealer name/location. :)

Meagan

I will. Thanks a lot, Meagan.

It has been a while, but I finally got it done today...

I gave them a copy of the TSB and they told me that they applied it, but they had to apply a newer update as well besides this one.

Let's see how it goes. I will change the light tonight and hopefully it won't reset again!