IraF

Recall 14S21 - RESTRAINTS CONTROL MODULE REPLACEMENT

I already had the "light show" of warning lights fixed a few months ago. I wonder if I got the new part or the old when mine went... I show the recall on ETIS, so I will have to get them to confirm the part number on the restraint module they installed was a new version.

That may be weeks, months, years away. <-- :waiting:

You're not kidding... I still check my old hybrid VIN now and then, it still hasn't had 13S04 (another safety recall, for the fuel pump) completed -- 3 months after Ford released the updated bulletin of "sufficient supplies are now available to schedule all cars that need it", and even with involving the regional rep she confirmed sorry nope they had no idea when the part would be available for my VIN.

My Energi is due for inspection in December but I will hit 36k in November so will take it in then (in case they find something, so it can be covered under warranty) - sounds pretty doubtful that I'll get this 14S21 done in November.

Just had this done as I was in for something else:

14E02 - POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE REPROGRAMMING

When I ran a VHR, it always said something like "No Information" related to the restraint system.

Had no ran in a while and have to rerun, but hard to tell from the explaination what this is exactly.

The additional update for RESTRAINTS CONTROL MODULE REPLACEMENT may not have

parts until Q3 2015 they told me. I did get just one false light for the airbag when I started the

car a month or so back, never happened again but wonder if this is related. Is a short circuiting

issue on the RCM. Ford will be mailing letters in Nov, but shows on owner.ford.com for me as

of today.

Yea, they led me to believe the part is being redesigned/re-engineered. Same recall on Escapes and other models too I think.

BTW, I did not see anything having been reset with 14E02 - POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE REPROGRAMMING

and my VHR now comes up totally clean with no reference to unavailable data after this - just don't know it it is

related for sure.

I got a random airbag light - just one time - on starting the car. Was puzzled, but never saw it again.

Hope it actually all works and that I don't need it!

Also got some form of "restraint system unavailable" in the past on my VHR, but not the most recent one I ran.

Anybody ever seen this?

I ask service if they can see the VHR or run the tests manually - answer was "no" - so what good is it?

Will run regularly, but without this point available, I doubt it means much.

I had my car in the shop to get the HVAC repaired when I realized that I also had to get the restraint module repaired. The dealer said that they found the airbag light was on, and that they'll also be repairing that as well. The service guys at Levittown Ford have been pretty solid so far. I hate the fact that my new car is going back for so many repairs but at least I feel that the guys repairing it are good at their jobs. =)