Sign in to follow this  
higheroctave32

Windows got tinted today

As long as the tint is legal when finished, their is no liability for the tinter, but go past it, dont know if they have a disclaimer here in IL. I do know that had I left the 5% on the Flex, I would have been pulled over for sure. I left it on the two rear fixed panels, but removed it from the doors. It looked really cool with it though. I do need to get my Freestyle tinted though, there is NO tint on those windows other than the usual green hue. Usually this type of vehicle has darker rear windows.

Mine are 35%, so I know how it looks for real, pics make them darker than they really are.

Before I decided on my tint, the counter guy at the shop was showing me some examples. Pointing to a BMW with 20%, he said, "That's our most popular tint right there, but it's not legal." He also mentioned that applying 35% tint to most cars will actually result in something darker, which would technically not be legal either, since most OEM glass already includes a slight tint, and the effect is additive. Made sense to me.

Mine is black, so it captures heat no matter what, but it does appear to be not as hot after the tints.