IraF

Recall 14E02 Software Upgrade

Had 14E02 done a few days ago on our 2013 HyTi and had to bring the car back to Ford today. DRIVER ASSIST no longer available. Also, the backup camera stopped working and it required a SYNCH Factory Reset to correct. Doing so also made a number of other settings need to be corrected. For some reason, front and rear parking assists defaulted to OFF.

The DRIVER ASSIST NOT AVAILABLE problem is stumping the dealer, who told me that it had been seen once on a Lincoln. They need to get with Ford and have the car for a day next week to correct it.

Yeah I thought it was supposed to be a simple update, but mine also had issues with reporting a "system unavailable" for various components when running a VHR, made me wonder if they didn't clear out all codes properly - after 4-5 tries I finally got a VHR that was as expected, will have to try another one to see if it's still good.

I also had trouble after the update. My auto bright lights quit working and my rear interior light would not go off. Took it back to the dealer and they ran the update again. everything works....well sort of....the one touch windows still won't work and when you hold the window button in the up position the window automatically goes down again.

Hey guys,

I'll be happy to loop your customer service managers in on this. Just send me a PM with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location. Since you all seem to be having different symptoms please include them in the message. :)

Meagan

Hey guys,

I'll be happy to loop your customer service managers in on this. Just send me a PM with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location. Since you all seem to be having different symptoms please include them in the message. :)

Meagan

That's OK, mine has now produced a good VHR after a few tries... will see how things go when I take my wife's into the dealer for the 14E02 update in a couple weeks.

Edited by jeff_h

That's OK, mine has now produced a good VHR after a few tries... will see how things go when I take my wife's into the dealer for the 14E02 update in a couple weeks.

Good to hear! If you want me to jump in when you go, just let me know. :D

PM'd

Got it!

For my part the TSB on the one touch windows had been so many times, my dealer and I have given up. It is not worth the repeated trips to the dealer and my having to leave the car there for the day, which causes me much inconvience. It's really not worth the trouble.

Thank you for letting me know. If you need me for anything, don't hesitate to reach out.

Meagan

That's why I think somebody didn't reinitialize a variable or clear a register, and the last value was accidentally resent later as part of a completely different action.

Barsoom, I'm betting money that you are (or have been) a programmer. I actually understand what you are suggesting. :)