IraF

Recall 14E02 Software Upgrade

The first quote is on the vehicle info page. It links to the second page that says the info is not available at this time.

The Click here for further information DOES NOT WORK . If the vehicle info page shows the recall, then that is all you need to know. :)

It would be nice to know what parameters this update might be changing. Updates don't always necessarily equate to improvements.

Etis displays this description of my vehicle after I enter the VIN.

Primary Features

Build Date: 13.05.2014

Vehicle Line: Transit Connect 2002- Body Style: 4 Door Saloon Version:

Series 50 Engine: 2.0 4V DOHC PFI Gas/Electric

Transmission: ECVT

Auto Trans Power Split Drive:

LHD FWD Axle Ratio: 2.56 Final Drive Ratio

Emission: 50 State Emission Requirements

Air Conditioning: Dual Zone Auto Temp Control A/C

Paint: Tuxedo Black Metallic

Edited by darrelld

Etis is from Ford Europe and for some reason always shows our cars as a Transit Connect, the rest of the info seems to be correct.

Very true for the Fusion. Not so for the MKZ. ETIS knows what an MKZ is! HA HA HA So there! LOL ;)

looking mine up in ETIS also says the “Vehicle software information is available for your selected vehicle. Click here to view further info” but when you click you get nothing. So I assume that it’s not actually needing anything since nothing is listed there. But it does have a red item above that for “14B03 - FUEL ECONOMY CUSTOMER SATISFACTION” as an outstanding field service action. Whats that about?

It also says my car is a “saloon” while I have visited a saloon in my car I leave it outside and never perform saloon service inside the car at all.

The 14B03 is the program for lowering the MPG ratings and sending goodwill payments to owners. A 'saloon' in another term for a Sedan.

ITs that darned brit speak. Boot=Trunk, Saloon=Sedan, Tyre=Tire. They shor tawk funny ober der cross da Pond.

Hood = Bonnet, Windshield = Windscreen, Tractor-Trailer = Lorry, Interstate = Motorway

The silliest is the Brits calling a fender a wing. Excuse me? Wings are best served with hot sauce, not on a car. :)

To get back on topic...

I ran a VHR today and, low and behold, this recall showed up as being needed! I don't recall (no pun intended) ever seeing any of the previous recalls/field actions being shown on my VHR. :)

I had this done late Wednesday. So far MPG is unchanged, but it has been colder, and I don't have records from last year when temps were what they are now, plus I have new tires. One thing I have noticed, and I know it is not the new tires since they were on a week prior to the updates, the car now slows more when I let completely off the throttle. Where I would normally take my foot off to coast, now if I do that the car slows down much quicker so I am crawling by the time I get to the intersection. It's thrown off my driving, and have to readjust when and where I lift my foot and start braking. Since there has been no impact to MPG, its just something I have to adjust to.

One other thing to note, EV+ got erased. Now I did have a few other modules reprogrammed too, so unsure if those module updates erased EV+ or not.

Nmadole has also have this done recently and noted an increase in MPG with his car. Now on his, he has a car very much like the first one I had, not a very good performer in the FE category. He has put snow tires on, and took a trip he has taken dozens of times and saw an increase far above any he has ever seen. So, is it the tires, or the reprogramming that helped his?

In any case, this update appears to be one that has not harmed anyone yet.

I have noticed no difference in MPG. I also lost the saved EV+ but it is set now. It does seem to charge the battery quicker than before, but that could have been the weather temps.

There have been some weird issues with updates. I don't have access to OASIS here on my cell, but there are procedures for the dealers to not break things during these updates. It sounds like your dealer may have done something incorrectly when the reprogramming the PCM.

Yeah I thought it was supposed to be a simple update, but mine also had issues with reporting a "system unavailable" for various components when running a VHR, made me wonder if they didn't clear out all codes properly - after 4-5 tries I finally got a VHR that was as expected, will have to try another one to see if it's still good.