IraF

Recall 14E02 Software Upgrade

Went to Ford Etis Site and noticed there was a software upgrade. Drove in town and interstate where there is flat Land and observed the Hybrid battery lasted longer after the update then before the update.

Did this for the Lincoln mkz hybrid and will shortly do this for the FFH. Check to see if you are included by adding your Vin# at the site.

post-11741-0-77433900-1410983845_thumb.jpg

That is also listed for my car. Just called my local Dealer, they saw it on OASIS and set me up an appt for Friday morning.

ScreenShot2014-09-17at11855PM_zps1376d00

(Edit: Put this Dealer Recall Bulletin near top of this Thread for easy access.)

ScreenShot2014-09-17at113509PM_zpsd04789

Edited by GrySql

I was just looking at my Dealer's appointment details for me and it includes the words:

Recall 09S09

ScreenShot2014-09-17at32336PM_zps81bca50

Sounds like we have some volunteer guinea pigs already lined up ;)

Maybe Ford changed the available SOC range after some long term testing.

It's listed on my ETIS page for my Energi but on the Ford Owner website there is nothing listed under recalls.

I see it in ETIS as well. Guess I will give the dealer a call tomorrow to set up an appointment.

Remember the last PCM Reprogramming? They increased the EV to 82 mph and other tweaks to help gain some mpg's.

Trying an internet search leaves me with a blank.

I've PM'ed Crystal for some help.

IraF, can you verify that your car that had this upgrade will still will achieve 80+ mph in EV?

Watch out for county mounties though.

I took it out on the interstate and nothing was lost. I asked the SA actually the question you asked and it had nothing to do with 80 mph+ in EV , but had something to do with emissions and some other tweaks.

As mentioned above in the Lincoln MKZ it appeared to me that the EV mode lasted longer after the update then before the update.

Approximately 12 miles in town and approximately 7 miles on I-75

I took it out on the interstate and nothing was lost. I asked the SA actually the question you asked and it had nothing to do with 80 mph+ in EV , but had something to do with emissions and some other tweaks.

Thanks for that.

I found a spot that described 14E02 as titled "Emissions', for Job 1 cars built in Hermosillo and Michigan.

REASON FOR THIS EMISSION RECALL

In some of the affected vehicles, the On-board Diagnostic (OBD-II) system may be inhibited when Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P24BC is set by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). When DTC P24BC is set, the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) will not illuminate to alert the driver of a potential impact to vehicle emission control systems.

Edited by GrySql

Looks like an emissions only recall. If you have a certain combination of two failures at the same time, you wouldn't see the check engine light. Probably a pretty rare combination, but if it doesn't meet the requirements of the law, it has to be recalled.

I wouldn't expect anyone to notice anything different with the new software, since the only changes appear to be related to diagnostics if there is a problem. If you do notice a difference in anything, it's more than likely just due to the reset to default parameters that a reflash causes, not an actual change in the software.

scheduled mine for tuesday morning to do this and get my brakes checked started to hear grinding at 25k

BTW, P24BC is "This DTC sets when an intermittent concern is detected with the evaporative emission (EVAP) leak detection control module pressure sensor circuits". Note that's the sensor itself, not an actual leak. So you have to have problem with the EVAP sensor, and then you have to have another emissions problem for this recall to make any difference.

On ETIS, I see the following for my 2014 MKZ-h:

"Vehicle Software

Vehicle software information is available for your selected vehicle. Click here to view further information."
When I click on "here" I get the following:

"The information you have requested is not available at this time."

I guess I will check it at "another" time, lol.

Thats normal, it has never worked for any of the cars I looked at on there.

On ETIS, I see the following for my 2014 MKZ-h:

"Vehicle Software

Vehicle software information is available for your selected vehicle. Click here to view further information."

When I click on "here" I get the following:

"The information you have requested is not available at this time."

I guess I will check it at "another" time, lol.

It would show the recall on the vehicle page. There is no need to the vehicle software page.

I'm at the dealership now with the Energi to get the A/C button FCIM update done and the one-touch window update done. When I made the appt on Wednesday this recall didn't show up in Oasis. Today when the SA plugged in my VIN to pull up the appointment it appeared so they'll also do this software update today.

Be forewarned that this resets your Lifetime Brake Score & Regen Miles. It also resets the start events counter of how many times the ICE has turned on for those of you using Torque Pro to view that info.

Good thing you only have a few miles on it. :) I have over 32K on mine now. I will wait until I get the tires replaced before having any updates done that could reset everything.