Sign in to follow this  
higheroctave32

New Review. Fusion Hy vs Accord Hy

Well considering the author admitted to LOVING the Honda, that is will be skewed.

I’m not at all seeing the bias here. They point out the strong points and weak points of both cars and it seemed like a reasonably fair and honest assessment of each car to me. I know I am going to get blasted here for this again - but whenever there is some constructive criticism of our FFH do we have to scream bias?

Okay, fire away.

I drove the Honda and found its engine noise to be louder only because the ICE is completely disconnected to the wheels. Thus, even if I reached a cruising speed and let off the gas the ICE might continue roaring away to charge the depleted battery pack. I also did not like the camera in the right mirror. It was terribly distracting because it comes on anytime you use the turn signal, including every right turn. It means that while stopped at a red light waiting to turn right you cannot use that screen to adjust the radio, etc. I also disagree with his comments about the interior. I found the Honda interior to be lower quality than the Fusion interior. Every time I get in the Fusion I am still amazed by the interior quality for the price.

I do think that the Honda can achieve better MPG than the Fusion though.

This is where the bias shows in that article. Just because she likes buttons, that makes the Honda better? I think the material quality is top notch in the Fusion, I found no quality issues on the interior in either of mine, exterior there were a few, but have since been taken care of. I also don't care for the block look of the Accord interior.

Besides, a few MPG in the upper 40 range equates to very little difference in fuel used.

Just because she likes buttons, that makes the Honda better?

To some it may and others not.

But expressing a like/dislike/preference for a particular feature, attribute or design point is part of what writing a car review is all about. I appreciate hearing these different points of view and observations and I don't get my hackles up and conclude that the writer must be biased because they made critical comments about the FFH or the HAH. Consider the points they made (or dismiss them) and use it to help form your own judgment and decision. I thought this was a useful and good review. They complemented and criticized both cars.

All the 2010-12 FFH's had the camera and BLISS and CTA regardless of trim. I wouldn't have another car without the camera and CTA. Aftermarket cameras are now less than $100.

Ah, so the small colour LCD for non-MFT fusions now functions as a camera feed?

Yes, it works very nice. This is my first experience with a backup camera and I glance at it every time while backing. I have to remind myself that you cannot stare at it and only it. You still have to look over your shoulder for cross traffic when backing out the driveway or similar situations.

Your rental will have to be a 2015 (or newer) unless the backup camera was included as optional equipment on a 2014 (or earlier).

Edited by Texasota