Sign in to follow this  
Darkside

LRR tires 18"

Continental Pure Contacts are supposed to be good tires. A few here have already put them on, and have favorable comments. From reviews they also have good traction in snow, so a set will be going on mine, SOON!

Just for kicks, I checked Walmart, $179 Each compared to Tire Rack at $160 each plus shipping.

Edited by acdii

$804+tax installed with Road Hazard and lifetime rotate and balance. Take away the road hazard and its $764 +tax

I swapped for the PureContact but its too early to draw any conclusions. I had the PureContact on my previous Passat TDI and they performed well, noticed about a 1-2 mpg increase in the TDI after a few thousand miles. The handling and turn-in response of the PureContact is very good.

Sounds like Continental tires are pretty good, noticed others talking about not these tires, but other models for the Flex that have good traction and ride, their only complaint was a slight loss of handling due to softer sidewalls. Michelin has always been known to be good, though we did have some on a Honda that were horrible in rain. For me, traction is #1 in all weather, ride, noise and handling come second. From all the reviews on these tires, they fit the bill perfectly.

I kept my GY LS2's at 42psi, maybe that was a reason they lasted as long as they did. I didn't like the squirmy handling at lower pressure.

I have the Conti's at 40psi but might try a lower setting just for comparison. I put 200 miles on them today and as mentioned, solid as a rock.

The Contis have stiffer sidewalls which gives them the excellent turn-in response and a stiffer ride. I run mine at 37lbs.

I feel lucky then getting 31K out of mine so far, but they are done. It is raining fairly good today, and wet traction SUCKS! Car is all over the road when wet, and thumping noises when dry.

I feel lucky then getting 31K out of mine so far, but they are done. It is raining fairly good today, and wet traction SUCKS! Car is all over the road when wet, and thumping noises when dry.

The wet traction with the Contis are excellent at least as good or better than the Michelin MXM4s I had on my Passat TDI. The Tire Rack tests for the Contis are excellent.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=171

... For me, traction is #1 in all weather, ride, noise and handling come second. From all the reviews on these tires, they fit the bill perfectly.

For me, it is all about the MPGs now.............post-12539-0-84149500-1410465094_thumb.jpg

Edit: This is not really completely true, seeing as how I have the 5-spoke wheels with the 18" LS2s, and forever, 18" tires I will have on my FFH.

Edited by Hybrider

Their wear rating is much higher that the LS2's as well, so I am expecting a long tire life.

GrySql, to achieve this longer tire life you should probably restrict yourself to only one or two Mini Cooper drag races per month. ;)