Sign in to follow this  
hybridbear

If you could get an Energi Titanium for nothing, would you take it?

If something tragic happened to mine, this would be a good way to go. I had tried to do it on a Flex, the incentives were crazy on the 13 models at the time, but I just could not find one I liked. The incentives were $6K off along with 0% for 72 months, that would be 6K off Invoice for me. However, if it isn't what you like, it sure is not worth it.

The White one? I looked at it on the internet. Is it as nice in person as it looks on the web?

Check out Bloomington Ford in Bloomington, IN. They have a loaded 2013 C-max Energi that I almost bought. It has the best package and every option.

Yes, it was beautiful, and I would've bought it. I think my wife was a little intimidated with the plug-in principle (she's not the geek I am), and it contributed to her not wanting it this time.

If you do go look at it, be sure to ask them in advance to charge it. It was not charged when we went to look at it, so we didn't get to drive it in EV mode.

To the original question: "If you could get an Energi Titanium for nothing, would you take it?"

My answer at this time would be "no", because of the trunk space issue. (That is specifically why we were looking at the new 2013 C-max Energi above.) I'm hoping that in the next generation of Fusion Energi, that Ford will find a way to increase available trunk space.

If we were in a position to only use the Energi for local driving (making the trunk size less important), the answer would be a resounding "YES"!!

I bought that C-max Energi from Bloomington Ford Saturday. They were very professional and made me a great deal. Then I had a nice 4 hour drive home.

Fantastic!!! MyFord Mobile can be a little frustrating at times but is overall pretty awesome. Have you had any issues getting the C-Max setup on the app & configured?

No issues getting the C-max set up. There are some differences between it and the FFH. I really like how ford set up the climate control and Sony Radio controls as compared with the Fusion HyTi. The ride is very quiet and similar in both cars, but the c-max brakes aren't as "grabby" as the HyTi.

I downloaded the app and am in a "24 hour waiting Period" before I can continue. I'm trying to find "oil life" as I'm in the same boat of a 11 month old car with 300 miles on it. I want to check and see if I can use the same spare with both cars, have you tried that? The voice commands work better with the c-max for some reason. I set up the value charge and ready to drive features, very slick. The heater was running this morning, when I came into the garage the fan noise surprised me.

Are your parents on one of the forums? It is good to see some familiar names there from this list, I know they will be helpful.

No issues getting the C-max set up. There are some differences between it and the FFH. I really like how ford set up the climate control and Sony Radio controls as compared with the Fusion HyTi. The ride is very quiet and similar in both cars, but the c-max brakes aren't as "grabby" as the HyTi.

I downloaded the app and am in a "24 hour waiting Period" before I can continue. I'm trying to find "oil life" as I'm in the same boat of a 11 month old car with 300 miles on it. I want to check and see if I can use the same spare with both cars, have you tried that? The voice commands work better with the c-max for some reason. I set up the value charge and ready to drive features, very slick. The heater was running this morning, when I came into the garage the fan noise surprised me.

Are your parents on one of the forums? It is good to see some familiar names there from this list, I know they will be helpful.

The C-Max doesn't display Oil Life on the screen like the Fusion will. It also doesn't show the speed of the cruise control when turned on. I have never bothered with investing in a donut spare. The C-Max Energi & Fusion Energi & Focus Electric all have the same size rims & tires. The Fusion Hybrid with 17-inch wheels has the same rim but different tires. The Fusion with 18-inch wheels is a different story. We learned here that the spare that works for the FFH doesn't work in the Energi. I have no idea about how the C-Max Energi fits in all this.

My parents don't do forums lol

Also, does your C-Max have MPGe or just MPG? Does it have the Lifetime Summary? The Fusion Hybrid/Energi lost the Lifetime Summary with MY2014 and the Energi lost MPGe at the same time. The C-Max Hybrid/Energi lost those features with Job 3 of MY 2013. If your Energi has MPGe & the Lifetime Summary then it must be Job 2.

One nice thing with the Energi is that you should never have to worry about a dead 12V battery since it will charge from the EVSE whenever the car is plugged in.

Our Fusion Energi seems to keep the HVB between 85% & 88%. It is always 88% after being plugged in and usually doesn't drop lower than 85% while driving around. When driving the car works to charge it back up to 87% and then the current drops under 1 amp. When the HVB gets down to 85% the car sends 4+ amps to the 12V battery to charge it. Once it reaches 86% that drops to 1-2 amps and once it reaches 87% it drops under 1 amp. I have yet to see the 12V battery be charged higher than 88%.

I'm still figuring out all the new screens. Where do I find MPGe and Lifetime mpg if is has it? The sticker on the door shows the build date as 7/13 and ETIS shows 7/10/13.

I'm still figuring out all the new screens. Where do I find MPGe and Lifetime mpg if is has it? The sticker on the door shows the build date as 7/13 and ETIS shows 7/10/13.

It's in the same place as where all of the units are selected (temperature, distance).for MPGe. Lifetime is the last display before the car turns off .

When did 2014 production start for the Fusion? Yours might be Job 3 and without those features. That's why I was only interested in a 2013 Fusion Energi. I think that a PHEV without MPGe is rather worthless because it would only show 999.9 MPG for electric only trips and would provide no feedback about your energy consumption.

In case people are looking for an Energi

Here is a good one 11k under MSRP

E737CAC5-C117-4B5C-9B1B-1B9A761E1027.png

Wrong color for me. ;)

My wife was two thumbs down on that color. She even had a closeup view and said, no way.

Great find. I got out from under my 2002 Dakota after fixing a rusted main break line, took it on the test drive right to the dealer and walked away with a new 2013 Energy burgundy with black leather for 25,500 @ 0%, no $ down, and no trade in. That was September 5th 2014. I am still on the first tank of gas after 600 miles and have a third/plus of a tank left. It does not have all the bells and whistles, but it is still pretty good I think.

Does anyone know if I can get a tax credit for this on my 2014 return in VA???

Thanks!

Does anyone know if I can get a tax credit for this on my 2014 return in VA???

Yes if it's an Energi and you purchased it new -- there are several threads on this in the Energi forum, here is one:

http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/1932-federal-phev-tax-credit/

Why did I search for a new FFE with no distance limit on cars.com and found a FFETi in RR?

Damn that wasn't clever now I'm going to think about this car for days.

The dealer now has our FFH listed for sale. They have it listed as "Certified Pre-Owned". Friday night our salesman asked if someone who was interested in the car could call me to ask about it. The guy called and we chatted a bit. He was mostly wondering about any issues we had with the car.

http://www.scaffidicars.com/certified/Ford/2013-Ford-Fusion+Hybrid-Stevens-Point-WI-a6b6eeb90a0a00645cca456e363fdc1b.htm