IraF

New Software Update for Sync

Thanks for the info corncobs & gk! The forum strikes again! Just to be clear, the original Ford wallpaper will be preserved, correct?

Yes you can just add to the default wallpapers and go back anytime not that you ever will. :)

just in case anyone is curious (like i was) you can still control climate when updating on your commute. no hitches took 25 min

When I log into syncmyride.com, I don't have the 3.7 update at all. I only see the 3.6.2 update (which I did but it would never report back as successful). Plus, when I download it, the file is named v361. I have a 2014 model, shouldn't this update be available to me by now?

When I log into syncmyride.com, I don't have the 3.7 update at all. I only see the 3.6.2 update (which I did but it would never report back as successful). Plus, when I download it, the file is named v361. I have a 2014 model, shouldn't this update be available to me by now?

Maybe it won't offer it to you until it knows your have 3.6.2 installed? I think somewhere on that site is a version checker utility, maybe you can run/upload that to confirm the 3.6.2 installation since the upgrade confirmation action wasn't successful?

Maybe it won't offer it to you until it knows your have 3.6.2 installed? I think somewhere on that site is a version checker utility, maybe you can run/upload that to confirm the 3.6.2 installation since the upgrade confirmation action wasn't successful?

Thanks, I've tried that too. I even talked to someone at Ford who said that they were mark mine as upgraded, but it still won't show up. I guess I'm stuck.

Thanks, I've tried that too. I even talked to someone at Ford who said that they were mark mine as upgraded, but it still won't show up. I guess I'm stuck.

One of the Ford reps mentioned runing a vehicle health report will properly sync the web site to your current version.

My car would never upgrade from the website, the Dealer had to do it.

Our Forum Ford Rep found out that the Sync and Fords IDS software were not reporting the same data from my car.

The Dealer's computer was able to override the Sync data and install the latest version.

I think a trip to the Dealer may be required. Get it done when you have another item to be serviced, makes the trip less painful.

My car would never upgrade from the website, the Dealer had to do it.

Our Forum Ford Rep found out that the Sync and Fords IDS software were not reporting the same data from my car.

The Dealer's computer was able to override the Sync data and install the latest version.

I think a trip to the Dealer may be required. Get it done when you have another item to be serviced, makes the trip less painful.

I think this might have to be the solution. I just dont like the dealers around me. They always want to charge for services for simple things that should be free. I tried to do the Vehicle Health Report and it didn't fix the update issue.

Thanks!

They always want to charge for services for simple things that should be free.

Why should they be free? Just wondering...

Well of course they shouldn't be......unless that promise was made during the sale.

I think that services should be reasonably priced.

At an RV dealer who will remain un-named, I was recently quoted a price of $500 to paint the plastic backs of two mirrors.

Outrageous. I suspect the whole mirror assemblies could be replaced for that price.

Might be because the car is still under warranty?

Mine is out of basic warranty so I never expect to get free updates anymore, which is why I tried to get all I knew about done on my last visit, a few more were done I wasn't aware of. Sync however is one that we can do ourselves via the download page, so I expect to be able to download it and not have to go to the dealer to do so.

Mine is out of basic warranty so I never expect to get free updates anymore, which is why I tried to get all I knew about done on my last visit, a few more were done I wasn't aware of. Sync however is one that we can do ourselves via the download page, so I expect to be able to download it and not have to go to the dealer to do so.

Not necessarily true. The Sync page told me that my 2013 F150 was up to date at v4.12, but when I called the Sync support number because I was having some issues, They informed me that there was an update to v4.2.1 but it could only be done by the dealer, so I took the truck in and they did the update at no charge. I was told that it had to be done at the dealer because they had to do it using the IDS computer. Why I don't know, but that's what I was told at the dealer. I can imagine there might be issues at some time with the FFH that would require the same thing.

Does the F150 have MFT? Non MFT sync sometimes can only be done via IDS through the ODB port since there isn't a HID present. MFT has a screen where you access the apps to install off a USB card. Other times SYNC can be done via USB without the touchscreen, it auto detects and updates when a USB is plugged in.

No, the F150 has non-MFT Sync, but it still has a display that tells you what's going on when you do an update via USB, which I have done before. It's just not a touchscreen nor is it in color, well blue mostly. Same screen your radio channels & media info shows on. I think it may have had to do with having to update the APIM as well as the MFT storage device. My 2012 non-mft Fusion did the same thing when updating via USB, used the radio display for progress/messages.

Thats what I thought, some of those updates are more module dependent and require the IDS to talk to them, the MFT though is its own entity so the updates for it, also include SYNC. That does get confusing now that I think about it, there are SYNC updates, which is a different version, and MFT updates, which is what the Fusions get that have MFT, that include SYNC. The MFT updates can update the SYNC modules in the background. Different systems, same job.

I updated to Sync 3.7 today, It took 25 or 30 minutes. The physical HVAC controls worked during the update although you may not be able to see the temperature and fan settings as you change them. On-screen controls were not available. If you have heated seats, be sure they are set to a level that you can tolerate for up to 30 minutes. They can only be controlled from the screen and you won't be able to change the setting until the update is complete. I got into my cold car, put the heated seat on max and started the update. I was plenty warm 30 minutes later when I could finally turn the seat off.