IraF

New Software Update for Sync

Tried to download the update on two seperate computers. Shows up as in invalid .zip container so I am unable to retreive the files to put on my flash drive.

This issue has been reported by other owners as well. It sounds like the file can't be opened using the standard zip utility built into Windows (Windows Explorer). Our team is currently researching this concern. Other owners have reported that they are able to open the file after installing a 3rd party zip utility such as 7-Zip. If you feel comfortable downloading this, I think it may resolve your concern.

Kim

I experienced the same issue when using a 3rd-party zip utility (WinZip18.0) to try to unzip the .zip file, where it says the file is "Not a valid archive". And the 3rd download and unzip attempt was not successful for me either.

Had to install 7-Zip to be able to unzip it.

It forgot my phone totally. Had to re-pair.

If and when I am able to get this "update", will applying it wipe out all of my saved personal information......like phone book and GPS destinations, etc. ???

And I don't suppose that Ford/Microsoft has a "soft reboot" available yet either ??

I used my bootleg one for the second time last week when the GPS went bonkers.

Hey everyone,

Don't be alarmed if you no longer see the option to download V3.7 from your SYNC account. Some owners were reporting issues extracting the 3.7 .zip file after downloading it. While this concern is being researched, the self-service download is being temporarily removed. I'll let you know when it becomes available again.

I also noticed some conversation surrounding V3.7 not being available for certain vehicles. Please note that this specific update is only intended for 2014 and 2015 vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch.

I just finished updating Sync. When I went to upload the log file from my USB stick, I received this message:

Upload unsuccessful. Please try again later. If you continue to experience problems, contact us.

I tried Chrome and Firefox.

Sync_XT32B2VV_<VIN REDACTED>.xml

Has anyone else had problems with this?

Hey ssnacks,

If you're having trouble reporting the update with the USB stick, try running a Vehicle Health Report. As long as this feature is active on your account and the active phone number is paired to SYNC, the current software version will be automatically reported back to us. Here are the instructions: http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/run-a-vehicle-health-report-sync-myford-touch

Kim,
I sent a PM with my info. I have made two attempts to update with files downloaded from support site. Both attempts make the car report that it i up to date and to remove the stick drive.

Thanks,
Terryb

I'll check my inbox, terryb. Thanks!

Kim

Edited by FordIVTteam

I experienced the same issue when using a 3rd-party zip utility (WinZip18.0) to try to unzip the .zip file, where it says the file is "Not a valid archive". And the 3rd download and unzip attempt was not successful for me either.

Had to install 7-Zip to be able to unzip it.

BTW, the 3.7 update itself went smoothly for me. I decided to do it while driving home from work, so beforehand I set up the A/C to keep me nice and cool, and then I kicked off the update.

I thought I might be without the radio for the whole process, but during some of the file loads from USB, my MFT would let the radio play, but then shut off again temporarily during each of the approximately 5 reboots. I didn't time the whole update process, but it must have been around 15 minutes to completion.

At one point during the process, I encountered a very bizarre feeling when the Climate Control started to do its normal decrease of the fan speed and increase the air temp (as the inside temp approached my MFT temp setting) during one of the MFT blackouts, and I had to think for a few seconds about how I could get the A/C to blow colder once again, but this time I only had use of the Climate Control physical buttons with no visual feedback from the MFT in regards to my temp setting. :)

But all in all, it went as smoothly as it could, and with minimal impact to my drive home from work.

… The problem is that I wiped the stick to download 3.7 so no have no way to report success of 3.6 update.

New HELP needed.

TerryB

I verified that the Vehicle Health Report feature is already active on your account. Running a VHR will automatically update our website with the current software version installed in your vehicle. Here are the instructions: http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/run-a-vehicle-health-report-sync-myford-touch

If you have any trouble running a Vehicle Health Report, you can also use the version checker tool, which can be found here: http://support.ford.com/tools/account/update-center?step=prepare-sa

I knew I should have grabbed it when I had a chance.

Dave

Don’t worry, Dave. It will be back!

Is everything running smoothly with your system currently? Let me know if I can help out with anything :).

But all in all, it went as smoothly as it could, and with minimal impact to my drive home from work.

My 3.7 update went smooth as well. Does not seem to be much difference that I can see though. Responce speed seems about the same. A few new buttons on the Nav screen, but that is about it.

I’m glad the installation went smoothly, Hybrider and Toz. Thanks for sharing your experience!

So is there a technical reason why 2013 cars are not getting the update? Is the hardware different? Or is this purely based on time / model year? I can't imagine the hardware is significantly different between a 2013 & 2014 car, anyone able to tell what if any differences there is?

Kim, can you please ask your sources why the 2013 Fusions are not receiving the update? It is disheartening to see that our 2013 cars are being skipped over for the 3.7 update. Can you please try and find out if there will be a subsequent update for the 2013s? The main thing I would like is Time of Arrival instead of Time Until Arrival, as is listed in the 3.7 update.

Hi storksb and dmt1971,

Although an option to mute has been added for SYNC navigation prompts and the estimated arrival time has been added to the map screen, the MyFord/MyLincoln Touch software level V3.7 is primarily designed to support new features available in markets outside North America, which are not available on earlier models. In the spirit of globalization, North American owners are being given the option to update as well (if they choose to do so).

I am unable to speculate on the availability of future product features or updates, but Ford is always looking for opportunities to improve. If you’d like to see a specific feature on your vehicle, post your suggestion here: http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/ Ford’s Product Development Team periodically looks through these ideas for insights and inspiration.

Thanks Kim. I tried that and received a "Vehicle data collection fault" shortly after I ran the health report. I have run it once before so I already know how to do it. This time it did not attempt to make a phone call through my phone (which was paired and confirmed by me making a call). I tried to upload the report again but it still errors out.

Like murphy suggested, make sure you don’t have anything plugged into your OBD port. Common items that plug into this port include insurance tracking dongles or aftermarket gauges.

Kim

I will wait to update until Ford releases Applink for MFT/MLT. Otherwise not worth the hassle.

+1!!!

Thanks for the info Kim. ...

Update: I got the vehicle health report to run by unplugging the Metromile Metronome ODB2 device. I hope that isn't causing the other failures too!

Update 2: I checked syncmyride and apparently have another update but cannot download it. When I click on the link from three different browsers, it goes to this link: http://support.ford.com/tools/account/update-center?referrcodes=ERR_INVALID_SOFTWARE_URL&success=false&error=0.4645623325765528

Hey ssnacks,

Some other owners have been reporting a similar issue. Which version is the website prompting you to download?

Kim