garymkrieg

Yet Another X-Plan Question

According to the FordPartner.com web site you can use the X-Plan to purchase a car by ordering one or by buying one off the dealer's lot. Is it common for dealers to refuse to give X-Plan pricing for ordered cars. I ran into a dealer here in Las Vegas that will only sell a car that is on the lot for X-Plan price.

I ran into a dealer here in Las Vegas that will only sell a car that is on the lot for X-Plan price.

Are you sure it's not the other way around? Seems to me that a dealer may want to hold onto a popular model sitting on the lot to get a good price for it, and thus not sell it for X-plan. However on a retail order the dealer orders it, receives and PDIs it, and then off you go with the car sitting on the lot for a very small amount of time (in 2009 my FFH arrived on a truck at noon and I took delivery same day and drove away at 7pm). But then again maybe the dealer doesn't want to use an allocation on a sale that doesn't yield a lot of profit, but geez I would think it's such an easy sale.

Edited by jeff_h

Jeff, I'm sure it's not the other way around. I'll check again but the salesman, who had just talked to his manager, was pretty clear.