Sign in to follow this  
billford

Collision advoidance system saved me today

Driving on highway today, there was little traffic on the road.

I took a look at a building on my right side. All of the sudden, the collision warning system started beeping. The car in front was stopping. I hit the brakes, they momentarily locked up, then I felt the abs activating through the brake pedal. My car stopped with room to spare.

I know that I should have been more alert in my driving, but I wasn't.

The collision avoidance and abs systems worked perfectly, I was alerted and was able to stop straight. I'm sure both systems prevented an accident that would have been my fault.

I think the safety systems in the FFH are top notch. I'm glad I bought this car...

Just beware, it doesn't work well in a blinding whiteout. Works very well all other times though.

...I think the safety systems in the FFH are top notch. I'm glad I bought this car...

I'm so happy to hear that your Fusion kept you safe, billford! Thanks for sharing your story with us. :)

Crystal

Here is one from yesterday, where a large vehicle pulled onto the roadway (I-66) unexpectedly, the collision warning went off as my foot was going for the brake and then the camera detected the sudden movement/slowing and also sounded.

Camera sounded? What was those 3 beeps at the end? I have Adaptive Cruise and the lane keep but never hear that sound before.

After the collision warning sounded, the extra 3 beeps were the sudden motion detection by the camera (which triggers the camera to save off a file immediately, or something to that effect) - so nothing to do with the adaptive cruise or collision warning on the car.