dmt1971

Gremlins in my car!

Has anyone experienced either of these:

Suddenly yesterday the touch controls for climate control and audio (SE model, not Sony) stopped beeping when touched. They always beeped before when you touched them, but not any more. Is there a setting in MyFordTouch to fix this?

Then, today, my A/C started acting buggy. It will only blow cold (ore even cool) air when set to "LO" If I bump it to even 60, it starts blasting hot air. Not lukewarm air, but hot air.

Crazy stuff . . .

Have an appointment to bring it in on Thursday. . .

I suspect the Front Controls Interface Module (FCIM) needs to be re-programmed to the very latest version.

Many of us have had that done and it has fixed our HVAC and A/C button problems.

Our Dealer's Service Tech used TSB 13-5-28, even though it is for the heater and other issues.

The accompanying article to help the Tech is SSM 44558.

I suggest you just tell the SA that the AC buttons aren't working right and see if they can figure it out on their own.

If they are having trouble then you might suggest the above remedies.

I find it always pays to have the answer to the question on hand when at the Service Department.

Edited by GrySql

I described a similar issue I had in this post, http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/9069-ac-question/?do=findComment&comment=84866, where the A/C glitched on my HySE (edit: with MFT) and blew hot air on almost all A/C settings, except for on the "LO" setting. I also explained how I was able to remedy the glitch for my issue.

Edited by Hybrider

Has anyone experienced either of these:

Suddenly yesterday the touch controls for climate control and audio (SE model, not Sony) stopped beeping when touched. They always beeped before when you touched them, but not any more. Is there a setting in MyFordTouch to fix this?

Hi dmt1971,

Press the 2 gears > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > scroll to TOUCH SCREEN BUTTON BEEP and press ON. It sounds like this may have been switched OFF by mistake :).

Kim

Hi dmt1971,

Press the 2 gears > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > scroll to TOUCH SCREEN BUTTON BEEP and press ON. It sounds like this may have been switched OFF by mistake :).

Kim

I had this issue and it was not solved by doing this. The touch screen beep was set to "On" and it still wasn't beeping. Many key cycles turning the car on & off didn't fix this. After it continued to not work for about 3 days I decided to do the hard reset described elsewhere online of disconnecting both the 12V battery & the HVB. This immediately cured the issue and it has not returned.

I had this issue and it was not solved by doing this. The touch screen beep was set to "On" and it still wasn't beeping. Many key cycles turning the car on & off didn't fix this. After it continued to not work for about 3 days I decided to do the hard reset described elsewhere online of disconnecting both the 12V battery & the HVB. This immediately cured the issue and it has not returned.

Thanks for your feedback, hybridbear. I'm glad you were able to get this resolved. I just wanted to make sure we didn't skip over the easy troubleshooting first :).

Kim

Thanks for your feedback, hybridbear. I'm glad you were able to get this resolved. I just wanted to make sure we didn't skip over the easy troubleshooting first :).

Kim

I completely agree! It just didn't sound like the OP had made any changes from his post so I wanted to present an idea for addressing it should he find that his beeps are turned on but not working.