Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Last night I hit a deer...

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   LEM

LEM

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 195 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:37 PM

I've been rear-ended 3 times and each time the other person's insurance has been very easy to work with.

Our experience from last week was dealing with The Hartford. The claims adjuster was very pleasant and helpful. I have never gotten a quote from them in the past for insurance but definitely will the next time our policy is up because of this good experience.

When the Prius was scraped by someone parallel parking we dealt with State Farm. They were also very easy to deal with.

When I was rear-ended in my Saab back in December 2010 the girl who hit me had Progressive. They were very quick to help me out. I was hit on a Saturday and time was short since I was leaving to go out of town the following Thursday on a road trip in my car. I brought my car to a body shop Monday morning and Progressive got their adjuster out to the body shop Monday afternoon. The body shop finished my car on Wednesday and I was able to take it on the trip. Progressive had said that they would cover the rental car for my road trip if they couldn't get my car repaired in time, but they rushed their inspector out to the body shop within a few hours of my first contact with them so that they could save the expense of paying for my rental car for an extra 11 days.

My first time being rear-ended we dealt with Farmers. They also were easy to work with, but my memory of this incident is a bit fuzzy because it happened in 2005.

Something I just realized now when thinking back about this. All four incidents happened on Saturdays. I wonder what the statistics are for car accidents by day of the week.

My whole life my parents have had their car insurance with West Bend Mutual. When they had two recent claims they found West Bend to be easy to work with and their rates didn't go up even though they had three claims in a span of two years. None of the claims were "at-fault" accidents, twice their cars were hit while parked on the street and once my dad was hit by a lady who ran a stop sign. One claim was small, only about $1000 paid by insurance but the other two each were over $12,000 paid by insurance each time.

I've had Geico for the last 3+ years and while I haven't had any claims other than glass repair, I have found their customer service to be excellent when I've called with questions.

Thanks for so much for all that information about insurances. I recently renewed mine, so I'll have to wait, but I will definitely consider your options.

Regards

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:33 PM

I have to say Gieco has been good for me too, especially after the Flex got wrecked. It was a little iffy with the check being sent to the bank and getting them in touch with GAP, but it got worked out.  I have had 2 claims with them, which is sad since I have gone nearly 20 years without an incident and in less than a year over $4K from a deer hit, then 6 months later totaled it out in a whiteout. 

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#43 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:02 PM

Thanks for so much for all that information about insurances. I recently renewed mine, so I'll have to wait, but I will definitely consider your options.

Regards

You don't have to wait for your current policy to end to switch. You can switch companies at any time. If you have already paid your premium in advance you will receive a refund for the unused portion. In MN there is a law which gives the insurance companies only 10 days to issue a refund.

• corncobs and LEM like this

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#44 OFFLINE   LEM

LEM

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:15 PM

I just talked to the body shop and the estimate is about $3500 more than what Progressive estimated. There is more damage that it seemed. They think there shouldn't be a problem dealing with the insurance though.

It seems the bumper and the hood are going to be replaced too, not repaired.

Edited by LEM, 21 August 2014 - 12:16 PM.

#45 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:34 PM

I just talked to the body shop and the estimate is about $3500 more than what Progressive estimated. There is more damage that it seemed. They think there shouldn't be a problem dealing with the insurance though.

It seems the bumper and the hood are going to be replaced too, not repaired.

Yep, if you look back at the pic of my wife's Escape (from a few years ago) in post #12 it initially looked to me like OK hood looks pretty crinkled so I expected that to be replaced, along with the front black plastic bumper cover and a headlight and that should be it... no way - radiator was damaged, some type of oil cooler or line or something, and of course any interior bumper material, etc.

A tip -- remind them to PLEASE save your front license plate -- in VA since they are required you'd think a body shop would know that, well when they replaced the front bumper on the Escape they threw it out and just gave me a letter to certify that it was discarded by accident and that I could take that to the DMV.  Must have been a rookie that worked on it I guess.

• hybridbear, GrySql and LEM like this

2013 Fusion Titanium Energi Deep Impact Blue

204627.png

#46 OFFLINE   LEM

LEM

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:46 AM

Yep, if you look back at the pic of my wife's Escape (from a few years ago) in post #12 it initially looked to me like OK hood looks pretty crinkled so I expected that to be replaced, along with the front black plastic bumper cover and a headlight and that should be it... no way - radiator was damaged, some type of oil cooler or line or something, and of course any interior bumper material, etc.

A tip -- remind them to PLEASE save your front license plate -- in VA since they are required you'd think a body shop would know that, well when they replaced the front bumper on the Escape they threw it out and just gave me a letter to certify that it was discarded by accident and that I could take that to the DMV.  Must have been a rookie that worked on it I guess.

Thanks for the tip, Jeff. I will remind them that.

#47 OFFLINE   LEM

LEM

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:22 AM

I finally picked up my car today. It was ready two weeks ago but I couldn't pick it up because I was on travel.

So it took like a month to repair. The total cost was $10,189.60

The estimate that Progressive gave me originally was $1,898...

I need to look more carefully but so far it looks great. The place where I brought it in is called Precision Collision in Lorton, VA. They have always been very helpful and always kept me

updated about its progress.

Everything got replaced. Bumper, radiator, hood... Even the windshield. Apparently it got cracked when it got removed. They say that it happens very often. The car was very clean in the engine compartment, too.

So far, I'm very satisfied with their work. My insurance didn't put any problems regarding the increase and the body shop handled everything.

I will post pictures next week! 

So happy to have my car back. :happy feet:

• jeff_h, acdii, hybridbear and 1 other like this

#48 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:31 PM

Yes this is the car for which I just posted in another thread a couple weeks ago that it passed the 200k mark and still looks and runs great.  Never had an accident of any kind -- until this morning when a crackhead deer couldn't wait until October or November and needed to get a jump on his buddies.  Now since it has so many miles, the new owner (good family friend so I still see the car every few days) is afraid that they will deem it a total loss since it will probably be big bucks (pun intended) to fix.  My guess from just looking at the picture is $8k, but who knows as so much of it depends on what was affected behind the grill and under the door rather than just a few panels.

2010_FFH_Deer_20150430_zpszqjmmtft.jpg

• hybridbear likes this

204627.png

#49 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Yes
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:40 PM

No one hurt but the deer?

That is a shame, that car is a was a beauty.

• jeff_h, hybridbear and machoman1337 like this
The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#50 OFFLINE   LEM

LEM

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:12 PM

I'm so sorry about that. I know how much it hurts...

It really looks worse than mine, and mine was $10k... but you're right, they won't know until they see what has been damaged inside.

• jeff_h likes this

#51 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:42 PM

There was less damage to my Flex, and it was over $4K, however 1/4 of that cost was for one headlight assembly.  But looking at that, there is some under structure that is damaged, the hood is an obvious sign of this and it is sitting so high up.  I'm guessing just in exterior parts at least $2000 in parts between the hood, light, grill, bumper and fender. Was there damage to the other fender from the hood?

Posted Image

#52 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:13 PM

There was less damage to my Flex, and it was over $4K, however 1/4 of that cost was for one headlight assembly.  But looking at that, there is some under structure that is damaged, the hood is an obvious sign of this and it is sitting so high up.  I'm guessing just in exterior parts at least $2000 in parts between the hood, light, grill, bumper and fender. Was there damage to the other fender from the hood?

My guess noted above was $8k, she got the initial estimate today of $6,400 -- get in there and find a few other things that weren't discovered on the initial estimate, will probably bring that $6,400 up a bit.

204627.png

#53 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:49 AM

The car will live! 

• jeff_h likes this

Posted Image

#54 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 03 May 2015 - 02:36 PM

Will it be a write-off with that much damage? So sorry to see. Hope the driver is ok.

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#55 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 03:13 PM

Will it be a write-off with that much damage? So sorry to see. Hope the driver is ok.

No - she begged the insurance company "please don't total it" though they only go by numbers of course... but said that they are fixing it, so like acdii says "the car will live!"

• hybridbear and corncobs like this

204627.png

#56 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:15 PM

Thats good. It is too bad they didnt continue to use the drivetrain in the 13 models, those MY FFH were bullet proof. 

• jeff_h likes this

Posted Image

#57 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:04 PM

Thats good. It is too bad they didnt continue to use the drivetrain in the 13 models, those MY FFH were bullet proof. 

And the car lives!

2010_FFH_20150515_zpsvlxyhhzy.jpg

• hybridbear, GrySql, corncobs and 2 others like this

204627.png

#58 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:28 PM

Better than new! :) 

• jeff_h likes this

Posted Image

#59 OFFLINE   LEM

LEM

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 195 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:46 PM

Great! 

• jeff_h likes this

#60 OFFLINE   Ram

Ram

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 87 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2014 FFH
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:39 PM

Sorry to hear about the deer damage.   Very glad that your a surviver.

• jeff_h likes this

298401.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·