LEM

Last night I hit a deer...

21st actually sent the adjuster to my office to look at it. So any news yet on damage?

They issued a check prior to work being done? What if there is hidden damage that wont be found until they have the car apart? Thats what happened with mine, the Insurance adjuster thought they would be able to reuse the under grill on the Flex, but after it was apart there was more hidden damage that required more parts.

I have to say Gieco has been good for me too, especially after the Flex got wrecked. It was a little iffy with the check being sent to the bank and getting them in touch with GAP, but it got worked out. I have had 2 claims with them, which is sad since I have gone nearly 20 years without an incident and in less than a year over $4K from a deer hit, then 6 months later totaled it out in a whiteout.

I just talked to the body shop and the estimate is about $3500 more than what Progressive estimated. There is more damage that it seemed. They think there shouldn't be a problem dealing with the insurance though.

It seems the bumper and the hood are going to be replaced too, not repaired.

Yep, if you look back at the pic of my wife's Escape (from a few years ago) in post #12 it initially looked to me like OK hood looks pretty crinkled so I expected that to be replaced, along with the front black plastic bumper cover and a headlight and that should be it... no way - radiator was damaged, some type of oil cooler or line or something, and of course any interior bumper material, etc.

A tip -- remind them to PLEASE save your front license plate -- in VA since they are required you'd think a body shop would know that, well when they replaced the front bumper on the Escape they threw it out and just gave me a letter to certify that it was discarded by accident and that I could take that to the DMV. Must have been a rookie that worked on it I guess.

Yes this is the car for which I just posted in another thread a couple weeks ago that it passed the 200k mark and still looks and runs great. Never had an accident of any kind -- until this morning when a crackhead deer couldn't wait until October or November and needed to get a jump on his buddies. Now since it has so many miles, the new owner (good family friend so I still see the car every few days) is afraid that they will deem it a total loss since it will probably be big bucks (pun intended) to fix. My guess from just looking at the picture is $8k, but who knows as so much of it depends on what was affected behind the grill and under the door rather than just a few panels.

2010_FFH_Deer_20150430_zpszqjmmtft.jpg