LEM

Last night I hit a deer...

Shouldn't insurance cover it less the deductible?

Edited by lolder

I know what you mean about this, I hit a deer last year with my Flex and felt the same way. Don't be surprised if it comes out to be $4K to repair.

I know what you mean about this, I hit a deer last year with my Flex and felt the same way. Don't be surprised if it comes out to be $4K to repair.

Dang LEM sorry to hear about that, but you live only a few miles from my office, I see deer up there all the time.

And acdii you got that right... here's the Escape Hybrid that had a deer try to jump the car and hit the front bumper and then land into the windshield (but didn't break it) -- just under $5k in repairs.

Escape_Deer_Hit_zpsa80777d7.jpg

Jerry's Ford has a collision repair center on Backlick Road Springfield. Never used them though.

Simon

Actually Koons Sterling may be a bit closer for him, and their site says they also do collision repair -

http://www.koonssterlingford.org/koons_service_center.htm

The headlight alone was nearly $1000 on the Flex, it was the HID one. They pretty much had to replace the right front of the car and repair the hood. It needed a bumper, right fender, entire grill, and underpinnings for the bumper. All that from a dumb animal that had already crossed the road once.

Panel kinks are usually replaced these days.

Doesnt look cheap.

Hurts to see a wingman sidelined.

Speedy recovery compadre.

:stop:

Why don't these deer cross in their designated sign crossing areas?

That's what the signs are for.

Right?

Sorry about your accident. When my wifes C-Max was hit from behind a couple of months ago I took it straight to the Ford dealers body shop for the $5000.00 worth of repairs required. The C-Max has driven fine ever since its return from the body shop.

Depends on how bad it is. If its just a little wrinkle on the nose, that is usually fixed with putty, but if it has a warp, they usually replace it. Once the underpinnings of a hood are bent, there is no way to repair it without removing all the welds and straightening both parts and welding them back together.

I'm surprised Progressive doesn't have an inspector come out to look at it like 21st and Gieco. When I hit a racoon with the prius and busted the bumper, I had 21st at that time and then sent someone out that day to look at it, got the approval for repairs and took it to the family body shop. Same thing with my Flex when I hit a deer, though it was Gieco that I had for that one.

I am keeping fingers crossed I never have to go through any of that ever again, especially with the total loss of my Flex.

Funny story though RE the Flex. I was at BB the other day and there it was, my Flex(not really MY Flex), all shiny, all black, exact options I had on mine. I was sad. In fact walking out to the store I headed for it, and my wife said, um, thats not ours. OOPS! Oh man I wish I could have found an exact replacement.