StopTheExcuses

2013/2014 Ford Mondeo LED HID Headlights FFH............

I checked in the subforum but couldn't find specifically what I was looking for. The headlights are one of the only things about this car I don't like. (Not the LOOK of them, but the archaic technology in comparison to the rest of the car.) I really would like a set with HID's and LED's as well. From what I gather, the Ford Mondeo headlights should be almost a plug and play affair? Does anybody have direct experience with them. I'll attach a link below, but the seller makes it seem like it's a pretty simple affair, and comes with everything needed. But, being it's purchased from China and dealing with the language barrier, I just want to make sure before I drop 1K on lights. I also do realize I can make my own LED/HID conversion, but I like the thought of having OEM Factory sealed Headlights with full warranty. Does anybody have any info?? Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-year-FORD-Fusion-Titanium-Mondeo-LED-Headlights-D2H-5K-HID-Xenon-Porjector-/181475821103?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2014|Make%3AFord|Model%3AFusion&hash=item2a40cd462f&vxp=mtr

Check out this thread it's exactly what you are looking for and SD Diver got the real once.

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/9031-headlight-makeover

The look combined with the new fog lights is really cool but the price is pretty hot.

Hmmmm. Ok, so almost exactly what I want to do. I don't think he used the actual Mondeo but had the company retrofit them....At least thats what I gather from this??

The headlights were more than I wanted to spend, but the $850 that ford will soon send helped. Mine were 1150 shipped. I basically got the ones linked to above but without the "sequential" feature. The have a number of styles and are often on ebay (with 3 day sales, etc). Hope this helps. Corncobs - no, those are knockoffs. The company that did my headlights starts off with new factory headlights and retrofits from there. Mine are also bi-xenon and came with the bulbs. Bi-xenon uses a single bulb and a rotating shield and covers both high and low beams. My high beam reflector is empty, but being smoked and having the HID ballast, you can't tell.

I would hope to buy the actual Mondeo ones and not have them opened at all. Hopefully sombody chimes in who has done that, or I'll give the company a call in the link. Either way, thanks!

If you want the actual Mondeo headlights you might have to wait a bit longer.

As far as I know the Mondeo isn't on sale in Europe yet and I would be skeptical about the Chinese ones.

Later this year it will go on sale

http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/news/91004/new-ford-mondeo-2014-release-date-price-specs

Edited by corncobs

According to that Ad on Ebay in your Link the lights are from a FJ150 Prado, which is listed as a small Toyota SUV in China.

Better check those lights out a little more before laying down that much loot.

If you want the actual Mondeo headlights you might have to wait a bit longer.

As far as I know the Mondeo isn't on sale in Europe yet and I would be skeptical about the Chinese ones.

Later this year it will go on sale

http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/news/91004/new-ford-mondeo-2014-release-date-price-specs

Yeah, I'm def skeptical, part of the reason I started this thread. However, the guy's feedback isnt bad.

According to that Ad on Ebay in your Link the lights are from a FJ150 Prado, which is listed as a small Toyota SUV in China.

Better check those lights out a little more before laying down that much loot.

Yeah, I saw that too. But, the listing title does say 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium, all the pictures look identical to the Fusion headlights, and the checklist where you put your vehicle in under the listing says they will fit. I wish it was a US company so I could just call. Hopefully somebody has tried this route before, if not maybe I will look into what Corncobs linked me to. Thanks!

I communicated back and forth with the seller, these are not OEM Mondeo HL, but are a type of reproduction using Chinese projectors and hardware. The bixenon is an Audi Q5 style (slightly rectangular) projector. The seller sent me some addl photos and they look pretty good. The white LED DRL needs to be powered separately from the plug connection, and I suspect the HID will also need the same wiring mods as other HID setups for our cars.

The price is not bad for new housings, and the styling is unique. I suspect they would look pretty good installed.

One negative depending on your point of view is the lack of orange reflex reflectors, however genuine mondeo HL will also lack this part.

I'm actually just about to order these headlights... I've been messaging with the seller, and replied that it will fit and work.... Additional the blinker amber light, will light up in sequence just like the Mondeo ...DID you by any chance ordered yours or any other different one. I would like to know before i do my purchase. Thanks!

I'm actually just about to order these headlights... I've been messaging with the seller, and replied that it will fit and work.... Additional the blinker amber light, will light up in sequence just like the Mondeo ...DID you by any chance ordered yours or any other different one. I would like to know before i do my purchase. Thanks!

I didn't order anything yet. I'll probably just go with a high quality HID Kit and use the existing head lights. I just prefer an OEM product when it comes to the entire headlight assembly. If you do end up going this route, please let me know what you think!

Hey StopTheExecuses,

I just went to the dealer's service team on Saturday, December 27th and they are unfamiliar with the difference between the Mondeo and Fusion lighting. I told him the Mondeo is essentially the same car as the Fusion but sold exclusively in Europe to which he replied that it's unlikely they will get the part because of it.

Now, I'm sure we can order the Mondeo lights online but I worry about its ability to be plug-and-play. He noted that with the Lincolns that they also sell and service, computer systems need to be noted that it's a HID not a Halogen. Not entirely sure how that makes a difference but the most important point he mentioned was cost. Lincoln HIDs are selling for $1300 for the entire housing per headlight putting you at $2600 just for the housings and god forbid you get it done @ a dealer, you're probably looking at $400+ for labor when in reality, taking off the bumper is pretty easy.

I recommend checking with your dealer to see if your answer is different (which I hope it is) but with my unfortunate experience and potential price quote, I'm going to opt for these retrofits. Not to mention, the current Lincoln housings are JUST HIDs, they don't even have LEDs and they definitely don't have the turn signal switchbacks or sequential. My fair guess is that they will cost at the very least, the same as the one for Lincolns but in reality, probably double the cost of the Lincoln HID housings.

The ones on this site come with a two year warranty on parts that we can't replace (basically everything except the bulbs). Even if I have to buy these two or three times over a 6 year period, I may still net even with newer headlights 5-6 years down the road.

Btw when I say this site, I mean the one that Sd driver posted @ http://www.thelightingfirm.net/product/13-15-ford-fusion-led-mondeo-style-led-headlights/

Also, for 2014 core returns they give back $175 for the pair of headlights. If it's going for better on eBay, that may be more worth it but it's a guarantee of at least $175 off of the order.

Hey StopTheExecuses,

I just went to the dealer's service team on Saturday, December 27th and they are unfamiliar with the difference between the Mondeo and Fusion lighting. I told him the Mondeo is essentially the same car as the Fusion but sold exclusively in Europe to which he replied that it's unlikely they will get the part because of it.

Now, I'm sure we can order the Mondeo lights online but I worry about its ability to be plug-and-play. He noted that with the Lincolns that they also sell and service, computer systems need to be noted that it's a HID not a Halogen. Not entirely sure how that makes a difference but the most important point he mentioned was cost. Lincoln HIDs are selling for $1300 for the entire housing per headlight putting you at $2600 just for the housings and god forbid you get it done @ a dealer, you're probably looking at $400+ for labor when in reality, taking off the bumper is pretty easy.

I recommend checking with your dealer to see if your answer is different (which I hope it is) but with my unfortunate experience and potential price quote, I'm going to opt for these retrofits. Not to mention, the current Lincoln housings are JUST HIDs, they don't even have LEDs and they definitely don't have the turn signal switchbacks or sequential. My fair guess is that they will cost at the very least, the same as the one for Lincolns but in reality, probably double the cost of the Lincoln HID housings.

The ones on this site come with a two year warranty on parts that we can't replace (basically everything except the bulbs). Even if I have to buy these two or three times over a 6 year period, I may still net even with newer headlights 5-6 years down the road.

Btw when I say this site, I mean the one that Sd driver posted @ http://www.thelightingfirm.net/product/13-15-ford-fusion-led-mondeo-style-led-headlights/

Also, for 2014 core returns they give back $175 for the pair of headlights. If it's going for better on eBay, that may be more worth it but it's a guarantee of at least $175 off of the order.

Jordan, I just saw this. Thank you for the detailed write up for sure. That's an insane price considering they don't have LED DRL's, and even if they did that's steep. I'm going to check out the ones in the link you just sent and see what I think. Worst case I will just go with the OEM light and add the best quality HID conversion kit that I can find. I would like the LED's as well, but the more I look at them on other cars, they can go either way. They can look very classy, or cheaply implemented. Thanks again for your information.

Have you looked at the lights these guys make for our cars? Thelightingfirm.net I originally bought a set of hid lights to put into my factory housing, and the read all the negatives about the factory projector being purpose built for halogens and bad beam pattern if you tried hid. I finally decided to order from them and although I am still waiting, everyone that posts reviews about them or any feedback is 100% satisfied.

Anyone know if installing the lightingfirm HID headlight will have any impact on the factory warranty?

I am interested in getting it done, but if something were to get messed up later, i don't want the dealer the throw his hands up and blame it on the HID light install.

Hey guys, I've been considering going with some Mondeo style lights for my Fusion as well. I was looking at The Lighting Firm, but didn't pull the trigger because of price. When I look formThe Lighting Firm now, they appear to have disappeared and got some really bad reviews at the end.

It doesn't look like we ever got an answer on if the Mondeo light can plug into our Fusions?

I've been looking on eBay and am really unsure of the quality. Has anyone gone with an eBay solution? These ones don't look bright enough during the day.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Headlights-For-2013-2015-Ford-Mondeo-Fusion-With-LED-DRL-And-Bi-Xenon-Projector-/252091769871?hash=item3ab1d7240f:g:WgYAAOSwQTVV9ySd&vxp=mtr

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Edited by V8toEVJeff

The 2017 refresh appears to have brought over the dynamic LED headlights that have been available on the European Mondeo for some time.

Perhaps we could wait and see if those can be plug-and-play with our pre-2017 cars?

Interesting thought but since the '17 lights are LED (I believe) and we have halogen as one of the beams, I woudl think there are wiring differences. Also the '17 design appears to have a slightly narrower light in the front with the design change of the faschia. Even if wiring was okay I think the '17 lights may not fit pre-17 models without front end redo.

The 2017 refresh appears to have brought over the dynamic LED headlights that have been available on the European Mondeo for some time.

Perhaps we could wait and see if those can be plug-and-play with our pre-2017 cars?

Wishful thinking unfortunately not more.

Besides the electrical differences the physical shape is also different.

I consulted a reputable mod shop in my town (www.rpmelectronics.com which also ship to the US) and they recommended HID over LED (they offer both) for the 2013+ Fusion because of better projection and also it's easier to install if keeping the original assembly.

Going in this Saturday to get a 35W kit installed and will report back.

It's a lot cheaper than a Mondeo conversion kit, even with labour costs - my quote is a little over $300 CAD after taxes.

Edited by machoman1337

I consulted a reputable mod shop in my town (www.rpmelectronics.com which also ship to the US) and they recommended HID over LED (they offer both) for the 2013+ Fusion because of better projection and also it's easier to install if keeping the original assembly.

Going in this Saturday to get a 35W kit installed and will report back.

It's a lot cheaper than a Mondeo conversion kit, even with labour costs - my quote is a little over $300 CAD after taxes.

Any update on this. Did this work out fine?

Any update on this. Did this work out fine?

Yeah, had them for over a month and a half now and they worked great. The installation was professional and the difference is really big.

I'm glad I went for HID over LED because of the need for cooling fans due to the heat generated by LEDs - and I'm not comfortable about the idea of stashing away aftermarket cooling in the headlamp space. HID ballast is a lot easier to retrofit.

RPM Electronics does both LED and HID kits, and they specifically recommended HID for when I approached them and told them what car I drive.

Edited by machoman1337